Kuna Smart Home Security is designed to help you prevent break-ins and protect what matters to you most, from anywhere in the world.
Use the Kuna app to setup and control your Kuna, Maximus, and Toucan smart security devices. With a free Kuna account and your Kuna Powered security device connected to your Wi-Fi network, you’ll have access to all of Kuna’s powerful preventive security features.
- As soon as activity is detected, Kuna sends you an alert with the activity thumbnail, so you can quickly see what’s happening and decide how to respond.
- With our exclusive auto-greeting feature, pre-recorded messages, and instant two-way intercom, it’s easy to see and communicate with whoever’s outside, anytime.
- In the event of an emergency, you can quickly sound a 100dBA siren, which is as loud as a motorcycle, or call 911 from the Kuna app. Don’t worry, you will be asked to confirm before calling 911, to prevent accidental calls..
- Stream live HD video and two-way audio anytime, day or night, so there’s no need to wonder what’s going on outside your home.
- Capture activity 10 seconds before and after an event is triggered with Kuna’s proprietary "Smart Detection" technology, creating recorded events that are actually useful.
- Download and share events with law enforcement, neighbors, or family and friends.
- Go “back in time” to rewind and download every event captured for up to 2 hours free, and up to 30 days on an optional premium plan.
- Turn your outdoor light on and off, easily set up a schedule, enable dawn-to-dusk mode, and adjust motion detection sensitivity.
- Use Amazon Alexa to control your outdoor light using voice commands.
Love Kuna? Leave us a review!
Have questions, issues, feedback or want to suggest a new feature? Get in touch with us at:
Clarified alert text for Bluetooth permission error in device setup
Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great idea but with new problems
Installed the Kuna porch light hardware several years ago and it not only was a beautiful, easy way to get porch video/audio security, it felt futuristically easy & offered intercom abilities! Happily used the app, camera & audio for years until some problems appeared...
Something changed and I have been dealing with unusable live feed transmission issues and slow app response times. I called customer support numerous times (playing email tag first for days on end) and they were unable to resolve my issue, always saying they would have to email the engineers to see if they could figure out what was going on—they couldn’t.
The light and recordings and notifications still function as they should, but the live feed has been unusable now for over a year. How disappointing since that is one of the main features of the product! I keep waiting for a firmware update or that will solve the issue, but now I’m exploring other products to replace our beloved Kuna.
Re-install app to fix sluggish/crashes
Hello everyone. I found a fix to the sluggish and app crashing probs! I have ten cameras spanning two different properties. I’ve loved my Kuna system for about 3 years. Until recently it became very sluggish and the app began crashing often rendering it unusable. However, today I read reviews of others having similar problems. As a last resort I deleted the app and re-installed it. Everything now works GREAT!!! No more sluggish. No more crashes. PS: I recently added their new doorbell camera and it is great! Initially it was catching every car that drove past and I kept adjusting the “area of interest” down to just a small area around the door and it works great.
We’ve been using Kuna for a few years now and love it! Unfortunately we’ve noticed that the app - camera connection has been slow / sluggish. Often times I’ll get a notification someone came to my door after the fact. Or the video feed will freeze. I thought maybe increasing bandwidth with my service provider would help, which I did, but it hasn’t made a difference. Is there a firmware update to fix this issue!? I noticed it had also dropped WiFi connection / gone offline a few times for no reason as well.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.