*** NEWS ***
Featured by Apple in the "Holiday Cheer" section for two years in a row! As others have discovered, you can use this app year-round, not just during Kwanzaa. Thanks for all the reviews! Every great review makes our day!
*** APP DESCRIPTION ***
Need some help with thinking positive? This is the iPhone app companion to Venus Jones's "Kwanzaa: 7 Days, 7 Principles" album.
Celebrate the principles of Kwanzaa poetically through daily affirmations. These affirmations can be recited year-round to improve your spirit, and align yourself with the seven daily principles of Kwanzaa:
* Umoja (Unity)
* Kujichagulia (Self-Determination)
* Ujimaa (Collective Work and Responsibility)
* Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics)
* Nia (Purpose)
* Kuumba (Creativity)
* Imani (Faith)
No matter your cultural background, this app will prove to be a tool for self-improvement and the emotional stimulus we all need.
Note that this app doesn't include the audio clips from the CD (you have to buy the CD for that!), but it does include Venus's poetic affirmations for each day.
Try it today. It's free!
* Notifications! If you give the app permission, it will give you a short Kwanzaa message each day of Kwanzaa. As a bonus, the app icon will show a number so you'll know the day of Kwanzaa without even opening the app! I mean, for this reason alone, we shoulda called this version 3.5, people! (You can always turn off these notifications under Settings > Notifications > Kwanzaa.)
* Page Updates. Some minor changes to the "More Info" pages, including links to Venus's social media sites.
* Other behind-the-scenes improvements to support future improvement ideas.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What a great and needed app!!
For some of us far from family and others who would observe Kwanzaa this app is a great way to connect in. I especially appreciated the ability to email the affirmations to my far flung family. I could easily see there being a charge for this app but am wowed that it is free!
Great job Venus Jones!! Great job Stephen Jones!
My mother in law encourages us each year to incorporate Kwanzaa as a way to create a new tradition to our children. This year we want to "give her flowers while she is living". This app is simple and easy to use and I especially appreciate you doing a wonderful job in providing this for the world. Peace and blessings!
Minus the typos, this a solid app about Kwanzaa. It inspired me to write my own affirmation for each day of Kwanzaa to share with my family and others who celebrate with us. I'll also encourage my 6 year old daughter to write her own statements for each principle of the Nguzo Saba. Happy Kwanzaa!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.