KyBook is a modern reader application for e-books.
It has highly customizable and friendly interface and also:
- EPUB, FB2, RTF, PDF, DJVU, CHM, CBR, CBZ, MP3, M4A, M4B formats
- OPDS catalogs and network folders
- Google Books, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Yandex Disc
- Flexible reading mode settings
Complete feature list:
- Supports e-books in EPUB, FictionBook (fb2, fbz, fb2.zip), TXT, RTF, PDF, DJVU, CHM, Comic Book (cbr, cbz) and Audio Book (mp3, m4a, m4b) formats.
- Has wide opportunities in searching and downloading e-books from different sources.
- Provides access to enormous collection of free electronic books through OPDS-catalogs support.
- Downloads e-books with the help of Web Browser (Mobile Safari), e-mail or iTunes.
- Saves your books into cloud storages and network folders.
- Integrated with Google Books, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Yandex Disc.
- Allows flexible setting of text displaying: font selection, colour theme, text size, text alignment mode, line height, margins, paragraph indention and hyphenations.
- Allows choosing book covers from different sources, changing titles and subjects.
- Provides easy navigation inside the book using table of content, bookmarks or notes.
- Helps organizing your books on shelves, cataloging them under subjects and sorting in different modes.
- Has full-screen reading mode in landscape and portrait orientation.
- Allows turning and scrolling pages in vertical or horizontal mode.
- Allows locking orientation and changing screen brightness.
- Supports dictionaries, translation of selected text and text-to-speech.
- Integrated with social networking services (Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte)
- Supports of VK Docs as Cloud Storage
- Built-in Web Browser
- Supports Tor Network
- DJVU and PDF filters
- Support of archives in ZIP and RAR format
- Password-protected Bookshelves
- Speed Reading (RSVP)
- Automatic text summarization
- Integrated with LitRes.ru
- Integrated with Samizdat (samlib.ru)
- Supports WebDAV protocol
Dear users, DJVU, CHM, Tor Network and 'Speed Reading' requires in-app purchase "Upgrade to Pro Version".
You are free to use these features during the trial period. After the trial period You can unlock them via upgrading KyBook to Pro Version.
Fixed minor bugs.
Thank you for using KyBook!
Please remember to update your reviews.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is one of my favorite reading apps (I'm still trying to settle on one I use 100% of the time, but this is the one I use most frequently). It has nice options and customizability. I wish it had more background color options and page turning options like Marvin, but overall it's a great app. The most common complaint I saw in the reviews was about ads running at the bottom of the screen, but I paid the couple of dollars to upgrade to the Pro version and there are no adds at all, so that seems like a stupid thing to complain about. I never use the free version of a reading app because the ads are annoying and take you out of the the reading experience. So if you get this app pay for the upgrade -- it's worth it (I got it on sale for $1.99 -- definitely money well spent and cheaper than other apps like Marvin).
Fantastic ebook reader
Great full featured ebook reader, very customizable. The only ebook reader that I really enjoy on iOS while using my ipad mini. The complaints about the advertisements or price of the pro version is understandable and probably could use some modification. If the developer was willing to adopt only one limitation for the free version instead of two it would be more palatable. Currently the free version not only has limited features, it also has advertisements. The ads help the developer generate some income so I'm not opposed to it. However adopting both models to encourage the move to pro is a bit iffy. On the good side, the move to pro is a modest fee imo. So I'm not complaining just analyzing. Personally I would like to see better image layout handling and an easy way to install fonts that some epubs require for proper look and layout. Otherwise i love this app.
Been looking for a replacement for iBooks
And so far this app has done it. It took time to learn & become accustomed to, but the more I used it the better I liked it. I love that I can password lock either individual books or a whole folder. One thing that I do have trouble with is the fact that on my iPad I have the pro version I bought, but when I downloaded the app to my phone it looks like I'll have to pay again to get the pro version there. It seems to me that if I buy the pro version I should only have to pay for it once & have the ability to access it on all devices. I'm hoping this is just a glitch or I'm missing something. Aside from that I love the app & I'm thrilled to have found a replacement for iBooks.
- Konstantin Bukreev
- 51.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Konstantin Bukreev
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro Version $1.99
- Upgrade to Pro Version $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.