Kyma Control is the Swiss-army-knife of controllers for the Kyma Sound Design Workstation, providing four of the most popular Kyma controller-modes in one, wireless multi-touch package: a bi-directional mirror of Kyma's Virtual Control Surface, a multi-touch pen/tablet controller, a standard and a Tonnetz keyboard, accelerometer controls, and compass heading for using direction as a control.
For use in the studio, on stage, in the lab, at home, or in classroom, Kyma Control frees you from having to sit in front of your laptop; put yourself inside the sound field and perform your Sounds in an expressive, intuitive manner using your hands and gestures.
• Auto-mapping, bi-directional multi-touch mirroring of Kyma's Virtual Control Surface (VCS)
• View and select the active Sounds in a Kyma Multigrid
• Pen/tablet surface tracking as many as 11 fingers with color trails to help you track finger position
• A keyboard for sending !KeyDown and either continuous or discrete values for !KeyPitch & !KeyTimbre
• A Tonnetz pitch-space with configurable vertical and horizontal intervals
• Pitches can be rounded to equal tempered pitch, rounded only on !KeyDown and continuously variable after that, or, in Strum-mode, triggered when your finger passes by the key
• Trigger or control Sounds with the iPad's accelerometer measurements in the X, Y, Z directions, as well as controls corresponding with Pitch, Roll and Yaw
• Compass heading from the iPad's magnetometer tells you which way the iPad is pointing so you can use it for panning and other controls
• iPad, iOS 8 or newer
• Symbolic Sound Kyma 7 (or newer) with Paca(rana) Sound Computation Engine
• WiFi or Ethernet connection to network accessible to the Paca(rana)
• The Fine Tune button has been fixed to once again permit fine adjustments to VCS parameters.
• All flavors of VCS radio buttons now work again.
• Fixed Xcode assert warning.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The only way to control Kyma
I've been using this since I got my paca last winter, and it's incredible. Not a gorgeous looking app, but effective and very well though-out. If you're running kyma, then this is a necessity. 👍
A must for all Kyma users - step away from your computer and enjoy manipulating all your sonic creations in any position you please! A wealth of control options in one place - a wireless appendage of your Kyma system...
Yep, must have...
Very nice implementation. Another win for the peeps at Symbolic Sound!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.