Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Higashiyama Area (9 sights)
* Shimogyo Ward (7 sights)
* Central Kyoto (11 sights)
* Philosopher's Walk (8 sights)
* Kyoto Museums (7 sights)
* Kita-ku Temples and Shrines (9 sights)
* Ukyo-ku Walking Tour (7 sights)
* Souvenir Shopping Part 1 (8 sights)
* Souvenir Shopping Part 2 (8 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Gion Walking Tour
* Gion Antiques Walk
* Downtown Shopping Walk
* Arashiyama Sightseeing Walking Tour
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- Fixed a bug.
Ratings and Reviews
The list of items included is robust, and the descriptions, while fairly short, are very useful. Great not just for walking around, but also for planning what you want to see during whatever length of stay you have (you can assemble your own walks). Includes several places you wouldn't find in ordinary tourist guides.
Fantastic, except for where it's not.
This thing is really saving my trip to Kyoto. It works great offline, so I don't have to run up huge data bills. I came to Kyoto a bit last minute and right after another trip to see family, so I was ill-prepared for this one, I knew there were temples here and it was going to be interesting, but nothing more. I started out this morning just willing to give this thing a shot, and had a great day doing most of the first City Orientation tour. Awesome.
There are some issues. The biggest is that on the map the icons at the top (to show subway, bus, food, etc.) are not working properly, so that they don't scroll properly, making them very hard to use.
Kyoto gps app
This app us totally useless! It does nothing as promised. It only gives stock photos if the sites and a city map (two things you can get must places for free). There is no turn by turn navigation as a gps system should do. There us no interactive features at all. When I arrived in Kyoto I could not bookmark my starting point so I could get back to where I started. The direction list made no attempt to translate the kanji. It's supposed to be a guide for foreigners - why give directions and list in kanji? I am literally stuck in Kyoto now with no way of getting around. Waste if time and money!! If I could, I would give negative star for this. They are just lying stealing people's.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 115.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.