KyPass 4 is an application for people with extremely high demands on secure personal data management.
It uses the same database format than the open source software KeePass Password Safe.
Your database could be backed up:
• with iCloud Drive,
• with Dropbox, the best back-up service in the world (free accounts come with 2gb of space, enough for your KeePass databases) ,
• with Google drive,
• with Box,
• with Google drive,
• with SFTP,
• or with any WebDav compliant cloud service.
KyPass saves many different information (user names, passwords, urls, comments, ...) in one single database. The entries are sorted in groups. The integrated search function allows to search in the complete database.
UNIQUES FEATURES IN THIS NEW VERSION
• Treeview (especially on iPad)
• VNC Viewer inside the app
• SSH Viewer inside the app
• Full Field References support
• Full history support (View & Maintain History of entries)
• Full Recycle-Bin Support
• Folder selection in Dropbox, WebDav
• Full attachment support (read, write)
• Cloud Supports (Best way to keep multiple devices in Sync with the same information)
• Safari Integration (and some common 3rd Party like iCab etc.)
• Password Generator with Advanced features like prevent look alike characters
• KDBX4 Support (Introduced with Keepass 2.35 see http://keepass.info/help/kb/kdbx_4.html)
• External Keyboard support
• Webdav local browser to import directly into KyPass without need for a cloud
• Download database from URL
• Touch-ID Security or Pin Code: Database password can be saved to the iOS Keyring so you don't have to type long passwords
• One Time Passwords
• Barcode exchange of entries
• All entry informations (including last changed date and expiry)
KyPass is now powerful enough the replace your desktop application!
KyPass is also the most complete iOS version with a lot of feature not available in our competitors.
Added personnalisation for the AutoFill QuickType bar cache
Added Quick view in search panel
Revamp synchronisation panel
Added Shortcut list by default (out of beta)
Fix magnified password change when OTP changes
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using KeePass software for years on many platforms and was looking for an integrated program for my new iPhone. After trying several, I pulled the trigger on KyPass because of the integration into iOS as well as using and syncing cloud storage. It is really easy to set it up to read different cloud drives/programs and I am using Google Drive. It reads and integrates well into Safari as well as apps. So far I have not had any problems except for changing my Apple ID password (you have to copy and paste in the “re-type...” box). It also lets you use touch/FaceID or pin to keep you from retyping your password (if you want that). Great integration!
My only critique on an great product is password generation during real time use. They just need to add an add/new entry feature. If you want to create a new entry, you have to exit the app/Safari, create it in KyPass and then go back to the app/Safari to select it. It is not a problem for me, but that is the only thing I can critique.
I highly recommend this product. Best for iOS by far!
It does what it needs to do....
I have read other reviews, and personally rarely write reviews. However, having used 1Password, and tested others, I was seeking a way to painlessly “sync” my keepass data from one device to the next. KyPass has solved the issue of copying the data manually, and has done that part well across what it does support.
Yes, the UI coloring is stale - but frankly I would rather a functioning app that’s also dependable and reliable.
Yes this version is a fee. But frankly, everyone putting in time needs to supplement their time. Most apps will release incremental updates for free while major is another fee. But if you are paying to have someone else control your data (encrypted or not), then you are already paying more. (Or not factoring in security).
KyPass does what it’s supposed to do, what I NEEDED it to do, and I look forward to see how it gets polished.
Developer Response ,
The color will be customizable in v4.2 (but personaly, I like these colors :))
Thans for your comment
Just as the app says for security minded
This app turned out to be completely worth the money. I wanted to be able to use keepass and have AutoFill. This provided the solution. On top of the fact I didn’t want to pay for a subscription call me old school, but I like to just buy software. When new version comes out and I want those features I will buy the new version.
I also wanted the ability to sync and I had use Shortcuts to sort of achieve similar effect with other iOS keepass apps. This is seamless though. I would recommend to anyone who doesn’t want to go subscription model and wants to control how there passwords are managed. Then this is the way to go. Only critique I have is the GUI is little dated looking compared to the rest iOS, but that’s minimal concern.
- Miguel Vanhove
- 53.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Kyuran
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.