You don't have to know anything about the Thai language to use L-Lingo Thai to equip yourself to converse in Thai.
L-Lingo is designed to be easy to use. It exploits multimedia channels - words, recordings of native speech, and pictures - to enable you to grasp new words and phrases useful on the road, when mingling with native speakers, in day-to-day or family life, and when working.
- Thousands of words and sentences -all visualized with images
- Full native speaker pronunciation
- Fun Quizzes
- Clear and easy to understand design of the program
See a pineapple in a supermarket, and the correct word pops into your head! Thanks to L-Lingo, you have learned the word visually, as well as by listening and reading.
Our Thai lessons make you learn Thai words and phrases quickly. Before you know it, you can easily utter Thai words and Thai sentences!
L-Lingo immerses you in the sights and sounds of the Thai language, rather than just the written word.
The multi-channel learning approach achieves results much quicker than traditional textbook approaches.
Our Thai 105 lessons (full version) cover the following:
- Introductions & Greetings
- At Home
- At the Airport
- At the Hotel
- At the Office
- Telling the Time
- Meals and Cooking
- Asking Questions
- Buying and Selling
- Landscapes and Nature
- Family and Relationships
- Countries and Continents
- Days, Weeks, Months etc.
- Quantities and Shapes
- Present, Past and Future tenses
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This update brings you much improved images (some of the images will be downloaded on the first launch after the update has been installed).
Ratings and Reviews
I like it
The app enables you to adjust the speaking speed for easier or more difficult sessions. I like that it helps with recognizing written Thai as well. Could improve by adding voice response and typing to the lessons.
This app is a great app to learn AND LISTEN to native Thai speakers. The words they teach may seem silly at first but it builds on lessons. I especially appreciate the grammar lesson of gives so that you can understand sentence structure. The fact that the translation quizzes are native Thai speakers really helped me pronounce and understand the language. Seriously the best app to learn Thai. I’ve downloaded every single Thai learning app and this one wins by a mile!
One major benefit and many flaws
The great thing about this app is how it helps you learn words by giving enjoyable exercises enabling you to practice using several different approaches and repetition. This is very effective.
The bad things:
1. Many words are formal and not those used in everyday speech.
2. Many words are not explained at all.
3. The grammar explanations are far from enough for you to understand the logic in many sentences.
4. Many words are not among the, say, 4000 words you would need the most.
5. Many sentences are way too long and complicated for beginners.
6. Several more flaws
If you can already speak basic thai, this app can be a great help. For beginners this app is better avoided as it will make your learning journey unnecessary hard, you will learn mechanically without understanding, and you will have to de- and re-learn quite a lot later on.
The developer, Smart Language Apps Limited, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Smart Language Apps Limited
- 16.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Smart Language Apps Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Stage 1-3 (Lessons 1-105) $19.99
- L-Lingo, Full Version $14.99
- Stage 1 (Lessons 1-35) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.