Lagrange is like a Swiss army knife, a synthesizer with many different types of oscillators and noise generators to choose from. Unlike synthesizers that require detailed adjustment of multiple parameters to create a sound, Lagrange hides its adjustments behind algorithms created for different categories of tones, making it easy to create a sound.
- This product is compatible with iPads and iPhones, but not compatible with Apple Silicon Macs.
- This product mainly contains basic presets that are useful as a starting point for sound creation. Please note that there are no huge amount of presets. Enjoy making sounds.
# Synthesizer Engine
- 2x Oscillators
- Noise Generator
- 2x Filters
- 8x Envelope Generators
- 2x LFOs
# Oscillator Algorithms
- Triangle - Sawtooth
- 3x Sawtooth
- 3x Square
- FM Sawtooth
- Pitched Noise
- FM (4:1 ~ 1:8)
- Plucked String
- Struck String
- Bowed String
- Blown Pipe
- Robot Voice
# Noise Generator Algorithms
- WhiteNoise -> LPF
- WhiteNoise -> BPF
- WhiteNoise -> HPF
- Grain Noise
- Digital Noise
- Pulsing Noise (Click)
- Pulsing Noise (Sand)
# Filter Types
- Comb (+)
- Comb (-)
# Programmable Arpeggiator
You can easily create your own pattern.
# Universal App
It is compatible with iPad and iPhone and has multiple screen layouts optimized for different screen sizes.
# Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
You can use this AUv3 Plug-In in a host application that supports Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3).
You can stream live audio directly to an Audiobus compatible application. See https://audiob.us for more information.
# Ableton Link
Link is a technology that keeps devices in time over a local network. See https://www.ableton.com/link/ for more information.
# MIDI input
- Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI, Inter-App Audio MIDI Input
- MIDI clock synchronization
- MIDI controller mapping
# Preset sharing
You can share your presets with other users. You can add presets created by other users to your preset library using the iOS Share Extension feature.
# More information
Introductory videos and manuals can be found on the website below.
- The Synthesizer Engine has been fine-tuned in terms of oscillator phase and envelope to improve sound quality. You can revert back to the previous Synthesizer Engine in the settings screen. This setting is saved in a preset, and a different version of the Synthesizer Engine can be used for each preset.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great synth, but if I may….
This synth is fantastic, I love a synth with a lot of oscillator types, this is my favorite synths from this developer ( I do wish Cassini was still supported and given the auv3 treatment but that’s another story ) the routing is great and adds more depth to the presets, which is the weak link. While I prefer programming my own presets, there are others who may not and 30 presets is simply not enough. Although the routing options gives presets more sonics , it still needs to include a lot more presets for people who might not enjoy coming up with their own presets like some of us do. Id say at least 128 if not 250 presets and a more robust browser would be great….or, and Id like to see this more than more presets, a Randomizer button. That would really be awesome, where you can set a percentage of up to 100% of the parameters to be randomized. Or even sell presets expansions via iap. Again, no complaints about the synths and personally I’m ok with making my own sounds, it’s really fun but I’m thinking of others who just want to spend time picking sounds over programming. Anyway that’s my 2 cents.
This synth instantly became one of my top faves! 🥇
I’ll keep it brief and just list the things I love about it:
* Great sound quality and possibilities, very unique sound - unlike any other synth I got. It’s got very organic type of sound that’s very suitable for playing with both hands. Great for pads/ambient sounds as well.
* Very intuitive and pleasant to use UI. All of the controls are easily accessible without going into different pages. (There are 2 of each: OSCs, ENVs and LFOs) I like that as you change the routing possibilities, you can play the onscreen keyboard without it closing. And there are a lot of other little things like that, just feels like a lot of thought and love went into development of this synth.
* Patches are stored alphabetically and you can create your own folders. There’s Save and Save As, so you can create patches quickly, and never worry about getting lost.
* Microtonal tuning allows to tune each note individually! I just tried it briefly, but it’s got so much potential for going one step beyond creating unique sound - a completely unique instrument! Look forward to exploring this further.
I usually list a couple of suggestions in my reviews, but I just don’t have any for this synth... it’s just perfect!
This is the only app I got from this dev so far, but I’m sure I’ll be getting more soon. Thanks for creating this gem!
Worth it !
I had held off on buying an IceGear synth until this one due to having so many music apps. I did almost buy the Laplace synth before this though as it met a synthesis need I didn’t really have on iOS. (Resonator) but Lagrange seems to cover this and most other needs. It sounds great. Recommended if you are trying to have every type of synthesis and new possibilities. Thanks for the work IceGear!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iceWorks, Inc.
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © iceGear
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.