Learn effectively up to 33 foreign languages with only one app which has them all included on your iPhone or iPad and commit words and phrases to your long-term memory.
With the "Language Coach", you will soon achieve great results on the path to mastering your chosen foreign language, thanks to our unique learning method. The "Language Coach" is ideal for all those wishing to learn some words and phrases for use on holiday, as well as those looking to brush up their language skills.
Our unique method combines visual and acoustic training in the foreign language: each of the over 2,100 words and phrases per language comes with a memorable illustration and is articulated by our professional speakers.
Our learning method is based on the flashcard drill concept. Your aim is to reach the highest proficiency level of "Very good". You can structure your course to suit you and decide whether you want to learn everything or just specific topics or sub-topics. This means that you can choose to concentrate on learning words and phrases associated with specific topics, such as "Introducing yourself", "Reservations" or "In the restaurant". To help you learn, you can choose from 9 entertaining exercises, including pronunciation training with voice recognition. Once you have given a correct answer, it's up to you to decide whether you are now ready to proceed to the next level.
Language Coach contains 33 foreign languages: German, French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Russian, Bulgarian, Greek, Hungarian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, Hindi, Thai, Ukranian, Catalan, Romanian and Croatian. Further languages are in the pipeline for free App updates.
• Choose from 33 languages.
• Over 2,100 words and phrases illustrated and articulated per language.
• You decide what you want to learn.
• All phases are articulated by native speakers.
• Each word and phrase is illustrated, making them even easier to memorise.
• Choose from 9 different types of entertaining exercise for enhancing your vocabulary training.
• Pronunciation training with voice recognition.
• Concise and logical division of content into topics and sub-topics.
• Extremely easy to follow for all ages, from children to pensioners.
• Neu languages added: Ukranian, Catalan, Romanian and Croatian.
• New exercise to promote audio-visual memorization of words and phrases: alongside the audio recording and the visual image, you see the word or phrase written in both your native language and the foreign language.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a search feature
I like the exercises that are provided. They are awesome. It should have a search feature though.
Good, but not quite there.
First off, I really like this app! But, there could be some improvements....
1. More sections!!! Maybe a Family section, or a In the House section, or a School, Music, and a Entertainment section. Also, a Sports section would be nice.
2. Add some African languages, like Swahili.
That's all. I hope you consider my suggestions. Until then, this app stays at four stars.
Wow! It's got a lot of words!!!!!
It's really got a lot of languages and a lot of words, it's got images to go with the words/phrases and it speaks everything. It does not appear to go on-line to get the audio (if it does, it's really quick). So it's great, IMHO.
Someone mentioned that it's for kids, while the graphics are simple, they're more than adequate, and I think it enhacnes the learning.
If the menus were set up slightly different and you had a way to make some bookmarks/favorites it could be a great reference tool, but as a learning tool I think it would get to be a bit monotonous to go through all the work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.