Join over 35 million people who use Drops for free language lessons. It’s fast, fun, and easy! Learn to speak Spanish, Japanese, French, Korean, Chinese, German, English, and 40 more foreign languages!
Learn new languages while playing games. You can become fluent, learn vocabulary and common phrases in Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, and Hindi. Set goals, unlock achievements, and get rewards!
• Become fluent in a foreign language with this language learning app
• Learn to read characters and scripts from different alphabets like Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, and Hindi
• Custom illustrations for each vocabulary word makes it easy to remember
• From beginner to expert levels, grow your foreign language vocabulary
• A professionally curated vocabulary list with more than 3,000 words and phrases
• Game-like language lessons that make language learning fun and effective
• Level up! Track your progress and get rewards
• Professional voice artists and sound design with correct dialect pronunciations
• Learn to speak languages like American English, British English, Korean, Mexican Spanish, Latin-American Spanish, Japanese, German, French, European Portuguese, Russian, Castilian Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Tagalog, Hebrew, Icelandic, Polish, Mandarin Chinese, Turkish, Cantonese Chinese, Dutch, Norwegian, Thai, Swedish, Vietnamese, Maori, Brazilian Portuguese, Farsi (Persian), Hungarian, Greek, Hindi, Danish, Samoan, Indonesian, Finnish, Serbian, Croatian, Esperanto, Estonian, Hawaiian, Ukrainian, Yoruba, Bosnian, Swahili, Igbo, Sanskrit and even Ainu!
"By focusing on visually appealing games and vocab, Drops aims to lower the barrier preventing users from exploring a new language and, ultimately, accessing the social and economic benefits knowing that language may provide." - TechCrunch
We are featured by CNET, Forbes, VentureBeat and many other places too!
Try Drops Premium with a 7 day free trial. Download the app to learn about different membership options, and register to learn all about exclusive discounts.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of Drops premium. Afterwards your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. You can cancel your subscription anytime, and you won't be charged in the next billing cycle.
We made improvements to the Drops app! This update contains bug fixes and offers you a better play experience. Happy language learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Drops is all about wordplay. It gamifies the process of learning a language; choose your discipline from a dropdown of more than 30 languages, pick a mission – enthusiast, traveller, business student or romantic – and let the games begin. You can switch your mission any time.
It’s been 133 days now!
Currently learning Korean and Drops has been a great tool in learning vocab and phrases. It gives five minutes and refreshes about every nine hours or so. It’s nice for when I’m busy and can’t fill an entire lesson for the time being. I like that I can also get added time after my lesson sometimes it’s 40 seconds - 1 min. or if I hit a new streak goal it’s an added 5 minutes. Besides that the lessons can be adjust from beginner to advanced. You can toggle on or off exercises such as if you want to focus on just listening or just writing for that session. In learning Korean I’ve found that romanization can make things a bit confusing so that’s another feature that can be turned off or on. It can be overall customized to how your personal learning style. The topics offer a wide variety to choose from. So that’s nice since I don’t have to stick to one topic for the entire 5 minutes. When starting a new topic it will introduce all of the words you will be learning in that section. It’ll show an image alongside the word and meaning. Then it will go through a variety of different exercises, but again customizable if needed. I’d suggest playing around with the settings to see how you learn best. Hide or favorite words and later on you can review words in the review topic or see them in your collection. So far it’s been nice being able to pick up on words and phrases that I’ve learned on here. Gives me a nice boost to learn more for the day.
Makes you actually *want* to study!!
This app is the greatest thing to happen to language learning ever. Seriously. I’ve been studying one language or another my entire life and have never looked forward to vocab drills before. I actually get excited about getting to do my Drops review every evening. It’s fantastic. Right now I’m using it to tackle Mandarin Chinese and it’s incredibly helpful for learning the characters. The sounds are paired with the characters (or words) so you have a “See & Say” learning experience, which is the best way to learn. The system is smart and shuffles back to the ones you flubbed on recently so you can practice them more. It also has an immediate reinforcement after you make a mistake so that the correct answer is cemented in your brain. Many of the other apps don’t do that, leaving you to wonder “then what WAS the right answer!?” This app reinforces the correct answer immediately. Clearly the developers know a thing or two about the language learning curve. One thing to remember - learning any language is hard. You’ll have places where you struggle. That’s where an app like this can help so much. Even if you feel like you’re just repeating the same cards over and over (and making errors), you ARE learning. Stick with it and don’t give up! But honestly, download this app already. You’re here because you’re serious about learning that new language, and this is the way to do it!
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for choosing Drops to learn Mandarin Chinese, and taking the time to write us such a nice, positive review! We're thrilled to hear you like the app, and your kind words are much appreciated! Keep playing and let us know if you would suggest us anything to refine or improve! :)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PLANB LABS OU
- 210.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PlanB Labs OU
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $9.99
- All Language Learning Plans $69.99
- Holiday premium! $39.99
- Premium $79.99
- Genius for a month $7.99
- Premium $11.99
- Curious for a month $22.99
- Unlimited time for all Languages! $59.99
- Premium $89.99
- Language Genius: Free trial $7.99