A new experience that fuses endless entertainment with dating!
Lantern Dating is the first dating platform connecting you through shared entertainment experiences – movies, tv shows, books, music and more. With Lantern Dating, you get matched with people who share your passions so you can start a conversation, effortlessly.
Create your own narrative by choosing paths that appeal to YOU and meet people on the same path!
Enjoy adventures where you choose the endings! Go into the haunted house? No thanks. Travel back in time or forward? Forward please.
We have hundreds of episodes waiting for you to enjoy; whether relaxing at home, commuting to work or traveling through a new city.
Walk away feeling entertained, motivated and inspired.
What you’ll LOVE about Lantern:
· Instant access to hundreds of choose-your-own-path video & written adventure episodes. The path changes with each choice so choose wisely!
· Match selections after each episode to ensure you’re meeting people along the way.
· A curated community that loves movies, books, tv shows, and stories as much as you do.
· Content by some of the most sought after writers and performers in Hollywood.
· Science and research backed by the worlds foremost relationship expert: Gary Neuman (Gary & his work were the subject of twelve THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOWS where she called him "the best, I've been doing this a long time and Gary is the best”).
· Create your own narrative by choosing the paths that appeal to YOU.
· A wide selection of genre’s based on your likes. The more you play the better we get at showing you episodes & users you’ll like.
· Ad Free.
· A safe dating experience.
Lantern membership is a FREE app with a month-to-month premium subscription option that grants you access to all our content and users with no commitment period. We want you to leave this experience feeling fulfilled, motivated and entertained.
Lantern - Entertainment Dating
Best of dating. Best of entertainment.
Our goal is to foster an inclusive, welcoming community, where opinions and ideals are not different, but rather part of the spectrum of life. We specially formulate questions to avoid clash topics like politics, religion, and hatred, etc. Additionally we work with a review panel from various ethnic and religious backgrounds to review content on the platform and ensure a safe, comfortable experience.
Abusive users are reported by our community and swiftly removed. Our filters aim to ensure nudity and hate symbols are quickly flagged and taken down.
We authenticate users by only allowing Apple ID logins, to help ensure a safe experience. We continue to develop sophisticated methods to filter out non-genuine accounts. (Also if your date is mean, tell us and we’ll beat them up).
We are a platform of inclusivity. Someone for everyone. Those who subscribe to hate, bigotry, racism or judgement are not welcome.
We will never sell user data nor share your answers with third party providers. Users can answer questions knowing their data is securely stored and encoded on servers that allow us to analyze data internally in a safe setting. We review data for the purpose of providing better matches and relevant topics for users to continue their self exploration journey. We will never sell your personal data to 3rd parties.
Lantern users have hit over HALF A MILLION DIGITAL ADVENTURE DATES TOGETHER! To celebrate we’re adding new content drops weekly & the ability to unlock unlimited content by sharing with friends (+ some quick bug fixes of course)!
Ratings and Reviews
Really fun concept!
Matching with people based on a common answer gives you an ice breaker right away which makes starting a conversation super easy! It would be great to be able to choose categories for the questions (ie movies, politics, sports etc) in order to match with people with more specified shared interests. Definitely looking forward to trying it out!
This app seems super new so I wasn’t expecting much in terms of matches. When I opened it up to create my account the first question asked was “which telletubbie would I murder.” Kind of off putting that that’s the first thing I see when I open the app and not really knowing what it’s about. I wish it would have let the time travel question be my first answer after letting me put in my picture. The app itself runs slow and is glitchy. Questions do not load like they should and answer boxes disappear from the screen. Also, there was nowhere to add an orientation that I could see. Lastly, when I answered my first question it said it would find me others who answered like me but then the screen went black and nothing happened. That’s as far as I got really. I can only assume there just isn’t enough users in my area yet and it can’t find anyone to pair with. I will try to come back to this when the app has improved and there are more users because the premise is very interesting I’d love to get to use it.
Developer Response ,
First off, thank you for taking the time to try the app and write this. This is some of the best feedback we've received as we adjust to give the best experience to our users.
1) We are changing the order of the opening questions taking yours and other peoples suggestions into account. The time travel one is a great suggestion and a fan favorite.
2) Thank you for reporting the glitches we are investigating. As we add users we find issues we didn't encounter before.
3) You should have been able to see other users if you email us email@example.com we'd be grateful to troubleshoot and thank you for your time.
Finally, we are so excited you found the premise compelling enough to want to come back! We are excited to add more content and refinements to ensure a stellar experience for everyone. Please get in touch with us thank you for your time!
I haven’t had Lantern for long so I can’t speak on its affects/effects/efficiency in what it advertises. So far all I have done is answer dumb questions that don’t mean anything. That’s not the worst part though. The UI is very slow, when I chose and answer it took a long time for it to register so the next screen would open. Also, there were random videos in between some of the questions that sometimes made sense but only if you think about them really hard, I was just confused why they thought they were needed in the first place.
I haven’t used the app for it’s intended/marketing purpose yet, but I plan on it. I am curious. I will return to either update, make a new, or reply to this comment (I’m don’t know the future but I know the options).
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lantern Ventures LTD
- 73 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Lantern Ventures LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Lantern Premium $4.99