Lanterns: The Harvest Festival is a beautiful, thoughtful tile-placement game set in imperial China based upon the best-selling and award-winning board game. The app now includes the new expansion Lanterns: The Emperor's Gifts at no additional cost.
In Lanterns, players take turns arranging colorful floating lanterns on a ceremonial lake. Completing sets of lanterns earns Honor, and at the end of the game the player with the most Honor wins.
Vibrant visual effects, skilled AI, meditative environmental music and smooth touch play translate the delightful zen of Lanterns: The Harvest Festival to your phone or tablet.
Praise for the board game:
• SXSW Game of the Year Nominee
• Geek & Sundry Top 5 Games of 2015
• Dice Tower Seal of Excellence
• Board Game Geek's Most Anticipated 2015
• Mensa Select 2015 Winner
• Best Family Game - Dog & Thimble 2015
• Best Game for New Gamers - Dog & Thimble 2015
"Lanterns is very beautiful and easy to get into, but has depth that can challenge even the most experienced players." - Geek & Sundry
"I think a lot of people are going to be turned on to Lanterns, because you can play it casually, or you can play it very competitively. Both ways it's very enjoyable, and it's hard for a game to do that." - The Game Boy Geek
"Lanterns offers tile-placement and set-collection with a twist, and that twist makes it more interactive than other tile placement games I’ve tried. ... I loved the simplicity and interactivity of the game, as well as the originality." - The Opinionated Gamers
Lanterns: The Harvest Festival offers all of the fun and depth of the tabletop game, PLUS:
• Online asynchronous matchmaking against old friends and new
• Strategic solo play to hone your skills against AI players
• Progressive Challenge system to guide you through gameplay
• Intuitive tap-and-drag tile placement for fast and easy play
For more information, please visit www.direwolfdigital.com
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter at /direwolfdigital
Patch 2.0 contains bug fixes and quality of life improvements.
Improvements to Lanterns: The Harvest Festival:
- Updated Lanterns: The Harvest Festival to Unity 2018.4
- Fixed a number of known issues affecting gameplay and user experience
- Created a Lobby system for Online Multiplayer
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve only played a few solo games on a IPad Mini 4with no issues. I am giving it a 5* review, because it is fun, bright, and graphics wise, is awesome.
Best way I can describe the play of the game is, it’s similar to dominos, but more involved. I do like seeing the Koi swim around while playing, and the music is nice too, not real loud or horrible sounding to turn it off. The music is similar to some mahjong games I’ve played.
I’ve only played against the AI, but it wins half the time, which is amazing. Beautiful graphics, interesting gameplay, and mostly intuitive interface. All around great job!
This version has some annoyances
I Ike this game and the app version is great, I can play the base game and the expansion.
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that the upgrades on log-in have issues and it seems to be stuck when I was actually logged in and if I retry then I get an error.
So right now I have tried try once, and the close the screen and go online again and it works. Hope they get an update soon.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dire Wolf Digital LLC
- 326.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Dire Wolf Digital, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.