Automatic Lap Counter with Stopwatch and LARGE FONTS; Lap Swim is an Apple Watch (Series 2 and later) App that automatically detects, displays, records and graphs the lap count and elapsed time of a swim session.
- Detects and displays the lap direction and lap count while swimming using the gyroscope in the Apple Watch
- LARGE FONT display of time and lap count
- Stopwatch function while swimming
- Auto start/stop mode detects swimming and automatically starts (or stops) the stopwatch
- Records and graphs (on the paired iPhone) the following:
------ Date and time of a swim session
------ Time for each lap and of entire swim session
------ Number of laps
------ Average speed and speed for each lap
------ Stroke count and type of stroke (freestyle, back, breast or kick board)
------ Distance in meters or yards
- Enters workout information into the Health and Activity apps
Lap Swim uses the gyroscope and accelerometer in the Apple Watch to detect the type of stroke and the orientation of the swimmer. Using this information it displays the lap count of a swim session. Lap Swim also has a standard stopwatch function. The swim session information is transmitted to the paired iPhone and displayed on both a table and a graph.
Lap Swim is free and fully functional for the first 250 laps. After that, Lap Swim continues to function but it requires a low cost IAP to display the lap count.
1) Swam 23 laps in 19:32 and took 593 strokes.
2) Swam 23 laps in 19:32 (larger font display).
3) Turn detected (red) therefore advancing to lap 24. Lap 23 had 26 strokes and took 53.3 seconds.
4) Starting a Workout Session in 1 second. Other options are Save, Delete, Reset and Cancel.
5) Lap length set to 25 yards.
1) Graph of the average speed of 3 swim sessions and the speed of each half-lap within the sessions.
2) Graph of the number of laps (per stroke) in 3 swim sessions.
3) Data collected in a single swim session.
4) Data table for three swim sessions showing the distance, speed and time.
5) Data table for three swim sessions showing the lap count (per stroke) and the time.
Fix bug when swim session auto-stops after 5 minutes with no lap count.
Ratings and Reviews
Accurate Lap Count
After a couple weeks, I can vouch for its accurate lap counts. Also, I find the best results in “auto” mode. Be warned, it constantly mistakes the breast stroke for a freestyle stroke, thereby seriously over allocating laps as freestyle instead of breaststroke.
Developer Response ,
The app uses the orientation of the thumb (pointing down) to differentiate a freestyle stroke from a breaststroke. You can correct errors in the recorded data using the edit function. It's not perfect but is it 2 stars bad? That's a thumbs down rating just because your breaststroke isn't thumbs down.
Even counts kickboard laps
This app is great. It tracks laps perfectly and it’s large display of lap count and time makes it easy to read while swimming. Unlike other swimming apps, it also counts kickboard laps.
Developer is Amazing
Immediate/same day responses to any questions. Follow up phone call to square away upgrade on my iWatch - works like a charm. Best lap tracker ever! Couldn’t train for IM without it.
- Peter Kramer
- 6.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Kramer and Kramer Software
- In-App Purchases
- upgrade from 250 laps to unlimited laps $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.