Get the Los Angeles Public Library to go!
Search the catalog, place holds, renew books, search the photo collection, find a library, get contact information, see RSS feeds and more. Features a search specifically designed for mobile devices: Just type in the beginning of the words in your search, no need to type the whole word. To search for "Robert Louis Stevenson", all you need to type is "rob lou ste", and results display!
Have access to the Los Angeles Public Library at your fingertips with LAPL To Go!
Minimum iOS Version 7.1
Ratings and Reviews
1. Very slow loading new data.
2. When you attempt to click through to see more about a title, it sometimes glitches and tells you there is a server error.
3. Saved lists don’t transfer from the website version - frustrating.
4. Unnecessary clicking through, too many windows to have to work through to get info.
5. Unclear who this is targeted to; average customer or professional researchers or librarians- not many people doing an ISBN search so why is it on top page. Really not a consumer friendly app at all.
6. If the LAPL was serious about wanting consumer users to access the app, they would promote it on their website. As it was, I was having frustrations with the iPhone version of the website and not being able to access my saved lists. Now I find myself wasting time trying to figure out a useless app after librarian suggested the lists might be viewable on that platform.
Useless...website is better
Can pretty much confirmed what other reviews state. Searching this app will not give you all the results, or sometimes any results at all. Then when you actually find a book you’re looking for, you might click on it so you can reserve it but the app just freezes. The website works great. This app is useless.
Catalog search doesn't work and UI needs major update
Searching the catalog through this app does not turn up the same results as the website (try searching for Rat Queens or Six of Crows, it acts as though they don't exist). This seems like a recent bug. (Also, the UI is clunky and outdated and needs a major usability overhaul, but that's secondary to the broken functionality.)
- City of Los Angeles
- 6.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013 Boopsie, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.