Laplace - AUv3 Plugin Synth 4+
Designed for iPad
Free update installable on Apple Silicon Mac
If you have already purchased this App on your iOS device, you can install it on your Apple Silicon Mac for free.
Laplace is a physical-modeling synthesizer based on resonator synthesis that makes it easy to create bowed string, plucked string, blown pipe and metallic sounds. But it is designed not to reproduce real acoustic instruments but to create new synthesizer sounds in different new ways.
- Note that depending on the parameter settings, loud sound may be produced.
- This product can be installed on Macs with Apple silicon, but not on Macs with Intel CPUs. It is not a Mac native app, but an iPad app that has been tested on Apple Silicon Macs. The window size of this product cannot be changed in Ableton Live.
- This product is not suitable for the purpose of accurately reproducing the sound of acoustic instruments or other synthesizers. It has been developed with a focus on creating the sound of this synthesizer itself.
- This product mainly contains basic presets that are useful as a starting point for sound creation. Please note that there are no huge amount of presets. Enjoy making sounds.
# Synthesizer Engine
- Click - Stiffness, Color, Decay, Damper Noise
- Noise - LPF, HPF, ENV
- Flavor, LPF, ENV, Pitch ENV
- Sine - Pitch, FM, ENV
# Program Arpeggiator
You can easily create your own pattern.
# Universal App
This product is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Apple Silicon Mac.
Please note that it is not compatible with Macs with Intel CPUs.
# Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
You can use this AUv3 Plug-In in a host application that supports Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3).
# MIDI Controller Mapping
MIDI controllers can be mapped to on-screen knobs.
# Preset sharing
You can share your presets with other users. You can add presets created by other users to your preset library using the iOS Share Extension feature.
# More information
Introductory videos and manuals can be found on the website below.
- Improved live automation recording to AUv3 Host app.
- Fixed IAA issue.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A constant favorite iOS synth
I have had a continual appreciation for the sound of this synthesizer, over the few years it has been out. One the best things about iOS is being able to have a collection of different types of synthesizers, and this one is unique and simple, and is a musical interpretation of physical modeling synthesis. I like and use Mersenne as well, and consider them to be part of a set, but if you are starting out, Laplace is the one. The sound is something interesting to me, as kind of a missing addendum to late 80’s, early 90’s synthesis, post analog, before sampling took over, from FM and wavetable.
Love this app
Fantastic take on physical modeling and basic FM. I could see amazing potential if more FM operators were added. Great synth for experimentation and generating really interesting patches that are unobtainable in a typical subtractive synth. Question: what is the difference between the Resonator types A and B? Could you give us a better description of the Resonator Strength and Color controls in addition to being an APF? Thanks for a really interesting product!
The glitch with the Mac App Store is on Apples end.
Thanks. Your advice worked, and even though the Mac App Store asks us to pay again. Once I click buy, it recognized I had already purchased the iOS version, and it was free. I’m looking forward to the rest of your apps on Mac.
Developer Response ,
I apologize for any confusion or frustration this issue may have caused you.
Firstly, if you have already purchased the app on your iOS device, you should not have to purchase it again on your Mac. The app should be available for free download on your Mac as well.
Secondly, the issue you have experienced is due to a bug in the App Store's display, and if you proceed with the download process, you should ultimately be able to download the app for free.
Lastly, I want to clarify that the issue lies with the App Store, and as a developer, I am unable to solve any issues related to the App Store. If you have any further questions or concerns, I recommend contacting Apple support for assistance.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iceWorks, Inc.
- 7.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © iceGear
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.