The new and improved Las Vegas Review-Journal app gives you breaking updates on what's happening in Vegas, in the nation and around the world.
• News alerts: Be the first to know about major stories and inclement weather.
• The latest news, sports, business, life, opinion and entertainment stories.
• Exclusive shows and videos: Rebel Nation, Sports Betting Spotlight, Golden Edge and more.
• ePaper: See the newspaper just as it appears in print and download issues for reading offline.
• Morning video updates: Start the day with a fast round-up of the biggest stories.
• Classifieds and obituaries.
Corrected issue with Search button not working.
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy, crashes, slow, doesn’t load, PLEASE FIX!
I love my daily newspaper subscription to the LVRJ and like that I have electronic access via online and app subscription as well, but this app is horribly buggy and crashes every single time I use it, multiple times. About half the time it won’t even load the first time I open the app and I have to close it out completely and reopen. About a third of the time I do this I have to repeat since it doesn’t solve the problem. When it does open and it works, it is super slow and lags a ton. I end up inadvertently tapping ads when I try to scroll because the touch is so unresponsive. As a news industry I get that they make money selling ads but the ads in the app make it nearly unusable. They are cumbersome, in the way, and frequently cause the app to crash. Every single time I am using the app it freezes and I have to close it and reopen to resume reading. I have had the app for over six months and i keep hoping it will be fixed, but it has never gotten better. Hands down the worst app on any device I own. Bottom line: if you are an RJ subscriber, stick to your paper copy because the electronic app is slow, unresponsive, glitchy, buggy, and it crashes.
Worst app ever.
Most of the time when you try to launch the app it just hangs on an all white screen. When you actually get something on your screen it usually asks about updating (the content, I guess?). Do you actually want to read a news story? The joke's on you. Most likely, trying to actually read an article will crash the app. Watch a news video? Completely out of the question. That will definitely crash this app. They think that anyone will pay money for this in the future? What a joke. I'm embarrassed for them. Does no one at the LVRJ actually do ANY quality assurance?
Often has glitches.
This app often has glitches. Open a news story and about half the time it closes the app. I have never had a video be able to play.
They announced they are going to charge money for the app soon. I’ll be finding another way to get my local Vegas news. I won’t pay for an app that works half the time at best.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal Inc
- 10.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Copyright ©Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc. 2018. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.