LastPass simplifies your digital life. From your LastPass vault, you can store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords and more. All you must do is remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass autofills web browser and app logins for you.
Get started today for free and join the millions managing passwords with LastPass — you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
NEW TO LASTPASS?
Download LastPass now and get started, completely free. You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
LASTPASS PASSWORD MANAGER FEATURES:
SECURE PASSWORD STORAGE
- Store all your usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts securely in your LastPass vault
- Sync all of your passwords and logins across all your devices for free
- Anything you save on one device is instantly available on any other device you use
- Quickly search for logins from your vault
AUTOMATICALLY FILL IN FORMS ONLINE
- Instantly log in to websites using saved passwords
- Automatically fill in your name, address, credit card info
- Create secure passwords using the built-in password generator
- Set custom password parameters like length, capital or lowercase letters, symbols and numbers
- Set passwords to be pronounceable
CREATE SECURE NOTES AND ADD ATTACHMENTS
- Store memberships, IDs, software keys, & other sensitive data
- Favorite notes for quick access
- Upload files to your note, such as photos, PDFs, and more
ADVANCED SECURITY PROTECTION
- AES-256 bit encryption keeps your passwords and notes safe
- LastPass never has your encryption key – only you know your password
- Receive email notifications when other sites and services have been hacked
- Multi-factor authentication: LastPass uses multiple methods of authentication to verify your identity
- Offline access to your vault
ORGANIZE AND SHARE PASSWORDS
- Organize sites by folders in your vault
- Conveniently share passwords with others
- Log in to Safari and Chrome extensions online
EMERGENCY ACCESS (available for Premium and Families only)
- Plan ahead and give trusted family or friends a way to access your vault in case of an emergency.
- Add security and require a waiting period during which you can decline an Emergency Access request to your vault.
- Accept or decline Emergency Access requests to your vault
CURRENT USERS: GET MORE WITH LASTPASS PREMIUM FOR $24 A YEAR
- Unlimited sharing of items and notes
- Emergency access
- 1GB encrypted file storage
- Priority tech support
- And more
Business owners can download LastPass Enterprise to secure their business. Learn more at lastpass.com/enterprise.
We have been working hard on our macOS app! This release includes a bug fix for improved password generator entropy. We continue to listen to your feedback, and will continue to work on improving the app.
Let us know what you think! Please use our feedback channels to let us know if you have any questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Last app update has reduced usability
One of the biggest issues since the last update to 4.4.0 is the window sizing on a 13-inch MacBook Air. When the display settings are set to scaled to 1152x720 resolution, it's impossible to adjust the size of the application window so it's entirely in view and all buttons can be accessed. The resolution I use is necessary for me in order to use my computer given some vision issues. I have no other troubles with window sizes with any other applications, so LastPass is not keeping up with other apps in this regard.
There's also a feature missing that exists in other password manager apps that LastPass is missing. There is no way to view previously used passwords. I've seen that 1Password offers this field so that all previously-used passwords can be seen and copied if needed.
Another feature that LastPass needs is a "last edited" field so that I can tell when a password entry was last modified. This is yet another feature that exists in 1Password and would be incredibly useful to have so that I can easily tell if I need to update a password based on its age or if I changed a password recently and forgot about it.
Piece of Junk
What a piece of junk. Offline access does not work. The browser extension version is invasive and searches the DOM of pages to find places to put the last pass icon to try and "help" you, wasting up to 5 seconds per page on this useless nonsense. There is no way to turn this off. If you don't like it and uninstall the browser extension, the Mac desktop app has even less support than the browser extension. I dropped my paid account like a hot potato when I discovered that offline access did not work, and I've only encoutered more bugs since then.
The user interface of the desktop app is an awful, bug-riddled and quirky interface. It isn't just small problems though, it will discard any changes you've made to records (thus blowing away that new password you just set). It has inconsistent update behavior and weird select behavior. Generating a new password requies at least 10 clicks, some of them on very tiny little icons that don't even make sense. THe whole process is a total mystery. There is no quality assurance or testing being done on this app.
I tried to teach my (60+ y/o) grandparents how to use this, to help them use a password manager and get security smart. LastPass was so awful that they gave up and ended up using a piece of paper and a pencil. Thanks for promoting worse security through bad design.
Hiding From Customers
I became a premium user a few weeks ago and have spent a good deal of time moving all of my passwords over to LastPass. It took quite some time to figure out how to use it. Their cutsey little sixty second so called tutorial videos are absolutely useless. I finally got to where I could add a site and get LastPass to use the password but can't for the life of me get it to do the auto fill they talk about so highly. It works on my iPhone but not on my MacBook Pro. What makes this even more frustrating is that there is no contact information that I can find to ask LastPass a question to get it working. They evidently don't want to be bothered by customers wanting to learn how to use their app. I paid for a year and I feel I deserve to be able to use the features I paid for. I would be happy to change my rating if you can let me know how to get the auto fill to work but I'm not holding my breath. As of right now, I wouldn't recommend this app. I am probably going to have to find something else to use as well.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- LogMeIn, Inc.
- 11.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2008-2018 by LogMeIn, Inc., All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- LastPass Premium (One Year) $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.