LastPass simplifies your digital life. From your LastPass vault, you can store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords and more. All you must do is remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass autofills web browser and app logins for you.
Get started today for free and join the millions managing passwords with LastPass — you’ll wonder how you lived without it!
NEW TO LASTPASS?
Download LastPass now and get started, completely free. You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
LASTPASS PASSWORD MANAGER FEATURES:
SECURE PASSWORD STORAGE
- Store all your usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts securely in your LastPass vault
- Sync all of your passwords and logins across all your devices for free
- Anything you save on one device is instantly available on any other device you use
- Quickly search for logins from your vault
AUTOMATICALLY FILL IN FORMS ONLINE
- Instantly log in to websites using saved passwords
- Automatically fill in your name, address, credit card info
- Create secure passwords using the built-in password generator
- Set custom password parameters like length, capital or lowercase letters, symbols and numbers
- Set passwords to be pronounceable
CREATE SECURE NOTES AND ADD ATTACHMENTS
- Store memberships, IDs, software keys, & other sensitive data
- Favorite notes for quick access
- Upload files to your note, such as photos, PDFs, and more
ADVANCED SECURITY PROTECTION
- AES-256 bit encryption keeps your passwords and notes safe
- LastPass never has your encryption key – only you know your password
- Receive email notifications when other sites and services have been hacked
- Multi-factor authentication: LastPass uses multiple methods of authentication to verify your identity
- Offline access to your vault
ORGANIZE AND SHARE PASSWORDS
- Organize sites by folders in your vault
- Conveniently share passwords with others
- Log in to Safari and Chrome extensions online
EMERGENCY ACCESS (available for Premium and Families only)
- Plan ahead and give trusted family or friends a way to access your vault in case of an emergency.
- Add security and require a waiting period during which you can decline an Emergency Access request to your vault.
- Accept or decline Emergency Access requests to your vault
CURRENT USERS: GET MORE WITH LASTPASS PREMIUM FOR $24 A YEAR
- Unlimited sharing of items and notes
- Emergency access
- 1GB encrypted file storage
- Priority tech support
- And more
Business owners can download LastPass Enterprise to secure their business. Learn more at lastpass.com/enterprise.
We have been working hard on our macOS app! This release includes a bug fix for improved password generator entropy. We continue to listen to your feedback, and will continue to work on improving the app.
Let us know what you think! Please use our feedback channels to let us know if you have any questions.
Ratings and Reviews
Hiding From Customers
I became a premium user a few weeks ago and have spent a good deal of time moving all of my passwords over to LastPass. It took quite some time to figure out how to use it. Their cutsey little sixty second so called tutorial videos are absolutely useless. I finally got to where I could add a site and get LastPass to use the password but can't for the life of me get it to do the auto fill they talk about so highly. It works on my iPhone but not on my MacBook Pro. What makes this even more frustrating is that there is no contact information that I can find to ask LastPass a question to get it working. They evidently don't want to be bothered by customers wanting to learn how to use their app. I paid for a year and I feel I deserve to be able to use the features I paid for. I would be happy to change my rating if you can let me know how to get the auto fill to work but I'm not holding my breath. As of right now, I wouldn't recommend this app. I am probably going to have to find something else to use as well.
Piece of Junk
What a piece of junk. Offline access does not work. The browser extension version is invasive and searches the DOM of pages to find places to put the last pass icon to try and "help" you, wasting up to 5 seconds per page on this useless nonsense. There is no way to turn this off. If you don't like it and uninstall the browser extension, the Mac desktop app has even less support than the browser extension. I dropped my paid account like a hot potato when I discovered that offline access did not work, and I've only encoutered more bugs since then.
The user interface of the desktop app is an awful, bug-riddled and quirky interface. It isn't just small problems though, it will discard any changes you've made to records (thus blowing away that new password you just set). It has inconsistent update behavior and weird select behavior. Generating a new password requies at least 10 clicks, some of them on very tiny little icons that don't even make sense. THe whole process is a total mystery. There is no quality assurance or testing being done on this app.
I tried to teach my (60+ y/o) grandparents how to use this, to help them use a password manager and get security smart. LastPass was so awful that they gave up and ended up using a piece of paper and a pencil. Thanks for promoting worse security through bad design.
Other applicatons work better and are less FRUSTRATING!
I just started a new job, and my company offers LastPass as its only approved password manager. This application and chrome extension are terrible. The interface is not intuitive at all, the application and extension don't seem to talk to each other. Meaning you can have the application open and launch a website but the LastPass chrome extension isn't' logged in and will re-prompt you for your master password. I have tons of URL that are uniquely named but have the same domain...last past CONSTANTLY populates the wrong usernames and passwords with a unique URL's. When I change a password, the application does not always recognize that a password change and will not prompt you to save it...even though you used it to generate the password for you. I'm constantly having to double re-set passwords and then manually edit my LastPass entry with the updated password. Instead of using this application I've resorted to keeping an encrypted document on my desktop with my passwords on my desktop as its faster to cut and paste than use this tool. There are other tools that work much better thant his one, I assume its popular becuase its free for most users.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.