THIS APP DOES NOT PLAY AUDIO BECAUSE IT'S A MIDI CONTROLLER FOR ABLETON LIVE
Launch Buttons is a MIDI controller that lets you perform your tracks and lightshow covers wherever you go. You don't need to carry your expensive gear to control Live; your phone/tablet is just about enough. On my website, I provide a MIDI Remote Script for the use with Ableton Live. The script is based on Henri David's Launchpad Pro95 that brings some of Ableton Push's functions (step sequencer, scale mode, ...) to the Launchpad Pro - and therefore to this app.
This is the Plus version that provides more colors, 16 more function buttons and 16 freely assignable knobs.
The Apple Watch extension lets you access about one fifth of the Buttons. This means that you can use the app to control a 3x3 clip launchers, 3 scene launchers, and 4 arrow keys to navigate through your clips. It also can display some of the buttons used for step sequencing, really nice for a live stunt.
- keep screen awake when app is idle
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works, but not in the real world
The developer should advise anyone buying this to know that
1. If you use this in Ableton on a Windows 10 machine, you cannot have any other controllers connected- such as my MPK261 keyboard.
2. The virtual MIDI (MIDIHub) app that Launch Button Plus uses to connect is quite finicky and will connect with almost anything rather than the host program. A blacklist option is built into the app to prevent this, but it doesn’t seem to work. I could get it to connect to Ableton about one in ten tries, with a reboot in between each. Uninstalling and reinstalling a driver each time you want to use the Launch Button app seems problematical at best.
3. Tried to contact the developer, never got a reply.
The time I got the app to work, it worked very well- but until the connectivity problems are solved (maybe an actual USB MIDI connection with a cable) it’s useless in the real world. That’s sad since when it works it is golden.
Developer Response ,
1) can you elaborate on this? I've been able to run 3 controllers at once in Windows 7 and I doubt that it has gotten worse with Windows 10. I think there is an issue on your side
2) sorry to hear that you experience issues with the drivers. Those aren't from me but from partners. Unless you get in touch with them describing your problems it won''t magically fix itself. How would they know it's not working on your specific device without you contacting them?
3) I deeply apologize for that. Usually I respond within days, which means of communication have you used? Unless you've tried to call me (I live in an area with very bad reception) I wonder where that message went.
Please refund my money for this app.
Well, this app just collected four dollars and change off me and I have nothing in return. What does downloading this app on my smartphone have to do with a laptop?? I do not have a laptop or computer ... that’s why I’m downloading this on my iPhone... and before you give me a rude reply like I’ve noticed you’ve given others that are having the same problem ... I can read English. Please refund my money. Thank you in advance.
Horrible, never worked wonders for me.
I was able to get the free version of this app to work and control my ableton live so I was excited about the full version with more control but it never worked. My scenes would show up sometimes and you could tell every once in a while it would light up my midi channels like it wanted to do something but that was it. 🙁
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.