Loaded with over 25,000 paddling locations for kayaking, canoeing, and stand up paddling, Go Paddling (formerly Launch Sites) provides an easy way to find a great place to paddle nearly anywhere. Whether you have a kayak, canoe or paddleboard (SUP) you can find a place to get on the water with this app.
Browse maps nearby to find great places to paddle near you. Locations include comments from other paddlers plus trip reports from fellow paddlers
Add new paddling locations or new information about existing locations.
Go Paddling is completely free.
Ratings and Reviews
Great start, room for improvement
I love this app but it could be so much more! I would love to see this app as a Yelp for paddling. It would be great to be able to comment and leave reviews for the different locations and add more of a social media aspect to it. It would be fun to have your friends on the app with you and also meet others through the app. A meet up feature would be cool. Also I think a feature where you could “check in” at different locations and then see all the places you’ve been and share that with other. This app has been a great help since I starting paddling but I’d love to see it grow into something more!
Great offering! a bit awkward to edit
Love that you’ve made it possible for us to discover nearby opportunities, contribute new places, add comments, and give feedback on existing details.
Ideas for improving our means of giving feedback on existing details:
- if I’m rejecting a location as a duplicate of an early location, offer that as a selectable reason;Also, it was awkward trying to describe the nearby duplicate, and I assume that this app only reports the current location I am giving feedback about, not any nearby locations…
- offer rating of helpfulness or quality of other people’s comments, and then bubble up the best of the comments
- if someone rates a comment or description as weak or not helpful, trigger review (which could auto-notify the OP to go improve their review... if you enabled edit of things we post)
- offer “out of date” review reason for feedback on a comment or photo; eg I saw a photo of a metal staircase from a few years ago, but none exists on that due bank now; I saw a comment about using said staircase, and that comment should be edited or removed, or enable us to downvote
-Photos: enable voting on the relevance of a photo for the location; good photos would convey issues about I put in or key visual characteristics of the paddling experience; less relevant would be seeing someone with their dog in the kayak
Needs a few things
Great app but I REALLY wish safety warnings about dams could be added to the map as a different colored marker. I noticed a few launch sites really close to a dangerous low head dam in Harrisburg did not have the “hazard” box checked, and seeing a marker on a map would be much more helpful for pinpointing hazards like this one. It would also be nice if there was a way to “check off” places I’ve been, maybe be able to change the color of the site marker. I also noticed a bug - when searching for a city if I try to open up the information for a site, when I tap on the marker the bottom tab doesn’t pop up to take me to the information about the location. I have to zoom in on the spot and the use the list option to open it. Overall I like the app it just needs a few things/fixes
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Paddling, Inc.
- 64.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Paddling, Inc.