Layers of Fear is a psychedelic horror game that pulls you into the depths of insanity. The critically acclaimed terror makes its mobile debut, bringing exploration of a vast and constantly changing Victorian mansion to iOS.
Delve deep into the mind of an insane painter and discover the secret of his madness. Uncover the visions, fears and horrors that entwine the painter and finish the masterpiece he has strived so long to create.
Layers of Fear is a first-person horror game built on a rich, dark story. Explore an environment overflowing with macabre artwork and unravel secrets through twisted puzzles. Take control of a painter seeking to create his magnum opus… before losing his mind in the process.
The psychological horror of Layers of Fear will leave you questioning your own eyes and mind. Dare you help paint a true Masterpiece of fear? Download Layers of Fear and discover what awaits…
What Critics are Saying:
“Layers of Fear goes into the mind of an insane artist and creates a horror game magnum opus.”
5/5 – The Escapist
“One of the best horror games ever made, this will scare you in incredibly clever ways and make you question everything you see.”
5/5 – Games Radar+
“Fear. Pure fear. The most primal of emotions is the overwhelming one while playing Layers of Fear.”
5/5 – Digitally Downloaded
Layers of Fear Features:
• Terrifying twists and turns will leave you uncertain of what is real.
• Explore the depths of madness within the painter’s mind.
• A sense of insanity means each turn of the camera may completely change the look of your surroundings.
• Explore the environment to uncover the details of the painter’s dark and tragic past.
• Uncover new secrets, visions and horrors.
• Search through the Victorian mansion, follow the dark visions and see the story and secrets unfold.
• Explore a game world inspired by masterpiece paintings, architecture and décor from the 19th century.
• Numerous pieces of original art and music flesh out the story and environment.
• The ever-changing Victorian-era mansion keeps you in suspense.
Designed for iOS
• Click-to-move game controls build specifically for the iPhone and iPad.
• Robust, HD graphics designed for mobile device.
The canvas looms in front of you. A haunting melody plays from nowhere. Your masterpiece is so close to completion, all it’s missing is one thing…
Download Layers of Fear and complete your greatest creation… or succumb to insanity.
PHOTOSENSITIVE EPILEPSY: IF YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF EPILEPSY OR SEIZURES, CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE USE. CERTAIN PATTERNS MAY TRIGGER SEIZURES WITH NO PRIOR HISTORY.
- Dualshock 4, Xbox One Controller (bluetooth version) support for iOS 13
- Floating virtual joystick
- Fixed invert axis option
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Yay it’s finally on iOS
Loving this so far, it’s beautifully creepy. So glad that I can finally play this on my lap and take it with me wherever I go.
I just think that the graphics can be improved. It’s pretty scaled down from the PC version, and there are some bugs as well. Other than that, the game is great!
Lots of promise, but the first release is buggy
I made the mistake of going through the settings while playing and the game was bizarrely corrupt upon return with rooms being not enterable as it seems the game lost most of its layer context. Also things like tables and the piano were invisible but the things that were on them were still there in mid air. Later in the game I made an attempt to save it, but hitting continue just threw me back to the beginning. If you play it, try to do it straight through in one sitting. Wait for the first update. Im using last years iPad Pro so it’s not like it’s old hardware. iPad OS 13.1. I’ll update my review once the stability improves.
Game force termination
while i input the ‘game’ on the board in basement, game forced termination happens.
- Bloober Team SA
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Published and distributed by Bloober S.A.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.