For those of us who love gardening, but find ourselves overwhelmed keeping track of our plant friends, here is an app that makes that job as simple and full of joy as possible.
• Quickly access a watering button for a plant or bed. A one-click job well done.
• Create and edit your own amendments or use the provided list as a starting point.
• Easily create and add your plants and beds, with beautiful detail views for each one.
• Add Notes to track all the changing details of your plants and beds, such as the emergence of pests, micro-climates, or when new growth or flowering happens. There is even room in each Note for photos, to help remember each moment.
• View your plants throughout the seasons and years, by taking photos from your Camera or adding directly from your Photo Library.
• The addition of Live Photos can give you a glimpse of the fat bumblebee with a full load of pollen or that beautiful butterfly that your plant has attracted.
• Scroll through the Timeline to review all the events that have occured to the plant or bed, such as how often you had to water or when you added more plants to keep an ongoing harvest.
• A bed can be what you make it. The potted lemon tree you keep indoors can be a bed or all of your house plants. That windowsill full of plants? Make it a “bed”, adding each individual plant, so you can amend or water each plant as is needed or just the bed all at once. Whatever makes the most sense to you and makes it as easy as possible.
• Easily sort and search to find a plant or bed in the lists.
• Change from the warm Default color theme to the soothing Dark theme, depending on what’s easiest on your eyes.
• You have a favorite plant? We have a heart for that.
Photos are now stored in the app! You can now delete photos from your Photo Library without having them removed from Lazy Gardener.
Some bugs were also squashed in the process.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
On the right track to being the perfect garden journal
I am using this to document what I’ve done in each area of my garden every season.
It is easy to use although a little bit cumbersome. The Beds function makes it easy to organize my garden into defined areas.
What would make it better is to be able to build a database of plants that you use regularly. That way each time I plant marigolds, I don’t have to manually enter another one into the Plants section. It would be really nice if once I entered a plant, it would stay there so that I could pull from it to add the same plant to several Beds. In my opinion, this would make the app nearly perfect.
I don’t really use the watering and fertilizing functions, although that might just be because my garden is new. I really like being able to take pictures and add them to the Beds sections and the Plant sections.
Summary of app: You manually enter each plant you are growing- there is no database. You add your own plant pictures (or have no pictures at all). You make a garden bed and me tell it that I watered or fertilized, but I can’t backdate - I had to enter today instead of five days ago.
I’m looking to keep track of fertilization and planting/harvest times. This does give a timeline of your watering and fert activities, but doesn’t offer reminders. It’s very basic. No way to indicate harvest unless in manual note section, though you can search through notes.
It is a gardening journal, foremost. No gardening tips (companion plants, plant times). Easy enough to use, but not sure of the actual value to the gardener in present state. We need something like this, so please continue developing! I have tried all gardening apps out there.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback.
Back dating of fertilization and water would be a very good addition to the app and we're talking about how best to implement it.
A journaling app is a good way to think of it in its present state. I've been using notes to track when I see first fruits start to appear and also when they're ready to pick. We're 100% going to keep working on the app and feedback like this is what's going to make it get better over time. Thanks!
Edit (20-Nov-2018): Back dating of fertilizing and watering is now available. Thanks again for the feedback.
First, this app is doing what I want while other gardening apps have been less helpful.
These updates would help a ton:
- ability to split the same plant to different beds. So far I can’t find a way to put some of a plant in one bed and some in another without creating duplicate “plant” entries.
- reminders! This is such a huge part of gardening 😩
Still, thanks for all your work.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! Reminders are the next big feature I’m working on. I use the app too and have been wanting them myself.
Haven’t considered multiple beds for one plant and would like to talk more. Email me at email@example.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.