An animated storybook app designed for preschoolers. Interact with Larry to progress the story and be delighted by his reactions to your touch. Perfect for bedtime.
"Even after a year of reading books we could touch, the 'Larry' books still really set the standard for truly original and innovative use of the medium" - Digital Storytime
Created especially for touch screen technology. Early readers are invited to play an active role in the story, poking Lazy Larry to wake him, and are rewarded with rich interactivity. As surprising and wonderful this is for the reader, it’s not so much fun for poor Larry and the reader learns of a better way to make him happy at the end (a special social outtake for kids). Sure to delight and entertain the whole family!
"Teaches the children about what is appropriate behaviour socially and physically, it encourages their emotional development positively and it is just a beautiful story for all to enjoy." - Carrie Chetcuti, Director Home Road Kindergarten
- Read yourself or ‘Read to me’ option with text highlighting
- Evocative Aussie bush sound effects
- Stunning 3D animation
- Original illustrations by award-winning designer Kim Neale
- Parental controls
- Includes bonus educational game, ‘Leapin’ Larry’ with an original music-score
- A former #1 Top Paid Book App, Australian iTunes Store
- Featured in Digital Storytime’s iPad Best of the Best – 25 Essential Children’s Book Apps
- Featured in Digital Storytime’s Top 10 iPad Books – Most Innovative Use of Interactivity
- Recommended by special needs professionals
“"So well pitched in pictures and premise to its intended audience that requests for repeat encounters are near certain." Awarded a Kirkus Star, 'for books of outstanding merit'. - Megan Honig, Kirkus Reviews
"This little bush gem offers a wealth of beautiful illustrations, fluid animations, and fun lizard-prodding fun for youngsters." - Jon Li, Editor in Chief - TheiPhoneAppReview.com
Designed for preschoolers (2-6 years) to enjoy with their parents, grandparents or teachers.
If you like Lazy Larry Lizard, please tell your friends and support us by leaving a review <3
- To share feedback or get help with any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay up to date with news of promotions and new releases - sign up in the app or visit us at: www.wasabipro.com
- Like us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/wasabipro
- Follow us on Twitter @wasabipro
- Add us to your circles on Google+
Fixes operation on iPhones
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app for early learners
Lazy Larry, another beautifully illustrated and narrated interactive story by Wasabi. This app is targeted for both early learners - by teaching them how to target, and early readers with narration using highlighted text. I would definitely use this as a bedtime story for tucking in toddlers. You are able to delay play interactions until after the page is read, which is a bonus for learning impulse control and waiting for direction before acting. This is a precursor to developing self regulation. The app comes with a bonus memory game, that can be played after reading the story. There are links to social media and more apps placed under a button which must be depressed for 3 seconds.
My three grandchildren love Larry. I like the option to read myself. Larry is very lovable and the graphics are simple and clear. Not too much going on which makes Larry an excellent bedtime read. Wasabi does good stuff.
Both my 3 year old daughter and 9 year old son, love reading Lazy Larry right before bedtime! It is a fun, yet calming interactive bedtime story that they look forward to.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.