Mission Planning, Coordination, Communication and GPS Navigation for those who Work and Play "Off the Grid”
Built by operators for operators, with decades of experience leading technology innovation in the field.
Focused on mobility into dismounted foot patrol operations, LEADNAV currently provides full mission packages in the form of Software, Hardware, Training and Consulting for those operating in some of the harshest conditions and environments imaginable.
Used by many, to include off-roaders, security and response teams and other Professional Organizations World Wide!
More Powerful than any other GPS on the Market!
• Plan, Organize, Coordinate and Execute Trips, Events and other Professional Operations.
• Create or Import Collections of Routes, Tracks, and Markers for different events. (Baja 1000 2019, Mining Expedition 2020)
• Share individual Routes, Tracks, and Markers amongst your Team or Group.
• Easy to use point to point Route Planning Interface. Plan your route and go!
• Drop audible warnings and non-audible Serpentine points to keep you on track.
• Record tracks to display where you have been. So you can hit the trail again or find your way back. You can also convert your tracks to routes. Track Stats for each trip.
• Highly advanced Team Location Tracking through our cellular/wifi, preprogrammed Iridium GO! units (Satellite device and our service plans) and other specialized equipment under contract.
• Reverse your routes. Hike to the top and then reverse the route to hike back down!
• Drop Markers to identify places of interest or to document the experience as you go. Vehicle, rally point, boat dock, deer, or anything else you want to find again.
• System functions on the GPX file standard
• Free online Map Sources include Bing, OpenStreetMap, USGS Satellite and USGS Topo
• Support of offline mapping options like MBTiles and overlays with our Pro Pack subscription and contracted services.
• Subscriptions allow access to additional features and maps (Mapbox Satellite, Mapbox Terrain, Mapbox Streets), and access to your own URL entry (Part of the Pro Subscription). Create, cache, and delete maps with your custom URLs. *Maps subject to change by the providers
• Offline Mapping for areas with no cellular coverage. (yearly subscriptions) Select and store desired areas of the map for offline use. Download those maps before you go in the field!
• Compatible with Bluetooth headsets and speakers for eyes free navigation. Throw your device in your pack and GO!
• Voice Prompts automatically adjust for the current speed. Siri now reads the waypoint label names as you navigate. “Big freaking rock on the left!” Get creative with the names to make the most out of your experience.
• Automatically adjusts your audible (Red) Turn Warning and (Blue) Waypoint Proximity rings based off of your current speed. Giving you the information you need when you need it.
Audio Guidance Examples:
“Slight Left in 450 meters” ...... “Slight Left”
“Danger in 500 meters” ....... "Danger"
Additional In-App Purchases: (See website for all subscription details)
- Advanced Pack Subscription (recommended for those on foot covering smaller areas)
- Pro Pack Subscription (recommended for those in vehicles covering larger areas or needing our more pro level features listed on our website)
- Recon Markers
- Hunting Markers
- Aviation Markers
• This is a high powered GPS device and requires power connectivity for prolonged use in the field.
• Mobile devices that are WiFi only do not come with an internal GPS. An external GPS will need to be used along with the application.
• The capability to save satellite maps/imagery to your device for "off the grid" use is an outside service and requires a yearly Subscription
Battery Life Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Minor cleanup and updates
- Eliminated the email entry in the core app for our non Enterprise customers. All subscription handling is done by Apple In-App
- Phasing out MapBox for ESRI you can download ESRI World Imagery for offline use instead of MapBox satellite
Remember to visit our new website and training page!
Join our newsletter and You Tube channel.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Throw that old Lowrance away
This app has completely changed how I plan my off road adventures. I used it for a 2500 mile Baja adventure, and was able to create daily routes from stop to stop. I do a lot of off roading in the Western US and pre plan my routes with this app. There is a learning curve, but they have great videos on their website to help. I gladly upgraded to the pro version and the $120 per year is a spit in the bucket for the function/features you receive. I raced in several Baja 1K’s and NORRA M1k. I fought with lowrance god units every time. Using an IPad is so much better, and there are SO many more features with LeadNav.
I’ve used this app for well over a year for many things. Yes mapping things out can take some time, but for me that’s not an issue. Off road courses, and rescue plans and options, the fact i can coordinate with other units using this app and be able to see them as well is great. Being able to leave notes on destination or warming/ caution markers is awesome. All around love the app as well as my team loves to use it as well. I work rescue from a busy metro city all the way out to the middle of no where and this app had never left me not knowing where I’m going.
Use this on my motorcycle for desert rides and races. Having the ability to navigate and plan routes is not unique to this app. But the simplicity of planning routes is, and the voice navigation into my helmet is a game changer! There are some quirks and bugs here and there, but overall and amazing tool, and well worth the cost for the benefit it provides.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LeadNav Systems LLC
- 139.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 LeadNav Systems LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Subscription (1 Year) $69.99
- Pro Pack Subscription (1 Year) $249.99
- Recon Markers $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.