* iPad Pro is not currently supported due to resolution issues *
Take your knowledge of Chinese to the next plane! Chinese 3D teaches you the most common Chinese words in a beautiful 3D landscape that is designed to be easily viewed, navigated and fun to explore. Learn with an engaging visualization of the psychologically best established learning method.
- Based on the Spaced Repetition learning method, one of the psychologically best established and efficient memorization techniques.
- Learn the meaning and pronunciation of the 1200 words from HSK levels 1 to 4. The HSK is the most widely used test of Chinese as a foreign language. The first level is free, the others are available via inapp purchase.
- All words have audio playback, pronounced by native speakers.
- On the new iPad, high resolution is fully supported.
- Teaches simplified characters, the official writing system in Mainland China.
- Teaches Mandarin Chinese pronunciation, the most widely used pronunciation for Chinese.
Number of words in the HSK levels:
Level 1(free): 150 words
Level 2: +150 words
Level 3: +300 words
Level 4: +600 words
Update for iOS 9.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please add more characters!
The developers of this app did an excellent job. The "Spaced Repetition" learning method is enjoyable and extremely affective. The environment is also beautiful and intuitive while the music in the background has a calming effect. This really is what studying anything on an iPad/iPhone should feel like. Very impressed!
I wish the developers could add more songs for variety.
Great additional daily learning app
Nothing on its own is perfect, however I use this app everyday for 15 minutes using 20 words a day, both repeat and some new, or at least trying to, which adds to my other learning such as speaking and writing. This is a fun way to learn, great app.
A Fantasitic app for learning Chinese
The study format works very well for me, I've noticed quite a few patterns in the characters when related words serendipitously show up in the same flashcard set. I also like the way the app keeps track of how well you know each word. This feature provides a sense of achievement and saves you the trouble of having to keep track of which characters to study. Finally, the app has a great atmosphere, it is very peaceful and relaxing. I thought the 3d aspect was a little gimmiky at first but I've been completely won over by it.
The one problem I have with the app is that I would like to be able to choose between Traditional and Simplified characters. Right now the app only has Simplified characters.
P.S. The first tip I would give anyone who uses this app is to say all the words out loud before and after the native speaker audio playback. This helped me immensely with pronunciation.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.