Learn Languages with Dr. Moku 9+
Japanese, Korean Hangul & More
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Learn Japanese and Korean in record time!
Everybody learns differently and Visual Learners often struggle with new languages.
Learn to read, write and speak Japanese Hiragana & Katakana, Korean Hangul and Arabic in record time with Dr. Moku's animated flashcards. Come back to practice with quizzes or to look up a character's sound or shape in seconds.
How will Dr. Moku work for you?
• Unforgettable animated stories and characters.
• Bite-sized lessons and recaps make learning each alphabet easy.
• Mnemonics are a proven language learning technique.
• Learn how to write each character with animated stroke orders.
• Sample words with audio and translations to aid pronunciation.
• Practice Modes: Reading, Listening, and Combo quiz modes help you brush up when needed.
• Audio Charts: each alphabet has a handy reference chart with pronunciation samples.
• Save tricky Hiragana, Katakana, and Hangul flashcards to a list and revise them easily with Autoplay.
• 1000 Essential Japanese and Korean Words and Phrases with audio recorded by native speakers.
• Free app with no annoying third•party ads. Nice.
Dr. Moku's teaching method is perfect for complete beginners to learn Japanese and Korean Hangul without rote memorization.
Mnemonics are memory tricks that help you remember and retrieve abstract concepts. By focussing on Dr. Moku's mnemonic clues, audio, and imagery, your will brain will auto•magically associate the shape of the character with the sound.
Learn the Japanese alphabets (Hiragana and Katakana) on your own and in record time. Master the Korean alphabet (Hangul) quickly and slickly with minimal effort.
Don’t you hate when companies claim to make learning fun?
There really is nothing "fun" about learning languages.
There’s definitely satisfaction in impressing friends, passing exams, and using your language skills in the real world but the fun comes in the time you save by finding the right learning method.
Dr. Moku strives to make learning languages painless and effective so you have more time to create your own fun.
Studying sucks. Memorization stinks. Mnemonics work.
The first Dr. Moku app was published way back in 2010, it was primitive and clunky but it helped tens of thousands of people to learn Hiragana and Katakana without the pain of rote memorization.
This new app is the start of a whole new chapter. The vision is to gradually add new languages and subjects using the same mnemonic techniques.
Download it now and start learning in seconds.
New animations added during onboarding
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, 5 years after and I still remember the Hiragana without practice!!!
Overall, this is app is the best on the App Store available to learn Japanese, I tried others and found myself going 5 years back to find this app and other Dr, Moku stuff through purchases. Always will love it. Why 4 stars? I wish it had Apple Pencil compatibility, when I write with my finger, it looks different from when using a pencil and papers, I wish I can practice writing with a pencil on the app.
Very poor mnemonics for Kana.
So I lost my “Remembering the Kana” book a while back in-between moving houses, and since I recently decided to get back into learning Japanese, I wanted to give this app a try instead of buying the book again. While it has a pretty decent flash card system, the mnemonics to learn the Kana are really bad. Like, really bad. ‘さ’, for instance, was just a random face drawn in it, which happens multiple times where there’s just a random picture with the Kana placed somewhere inside. Even with a really good imagination, the connections from the Kana to the mnemonic are far beyond stretching it. Not to mention there’s nothing given in the mnemonic to remember stroke order either. Just very disappointing, as this was recommended by someone else.
i downloaded this today and so far i am learning japanese basics pretty fast with the examples they give me to remember. thanks a lot for this. the only reason i wanna give this a 4 star rating is because some of the audio on the app is low quality and i cant tell which word theyre saying therefore i get the answers wrong. from how much ive used this app in a day thats all the complaints so yea
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Byrne Bob
- 71.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2023 Bob Byrne
- In-App Purchases
- All Japanese Content $7.99
- The Complete Bundle $19.99
- Hiragana Content Pack $5.99
- All Korean Content $6.99
- Kanji $6.99
- Katakana Content Pack $5.99
- Hangul Content Pack $5.99
- Japanese Phrasebook $2.99
- Korean Phrasebook $2.99
- Arabic $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.