Learn Chinese with Zizzle is the only Chinese language app that combines beautiful visualizations with the latest scientific research. Learning Chinese has never been so efficient and fun.
Zizzle turns Chinese characters into engaging visualizations and memorable short stories with funny heroes. The University of Munich has independently verified the effectiveness of the Zizzle approach for learning Chinese: student performance increased by at least 79%.
Download the app for free and experience how dramatically your Chinese reading and writing skills will improve in just a short time.
*** Visualized stories for over 1000 Chinese characters: Learning Chinese has never been so much fun
*** Individually tailored vocabulary lists for different Chinese learning levels and standardized tests (HSK, TOCFL, YCT). Achieve your Chinese learning goals.
*** Learn Chinese words specifically needed for business in China, travelling in China or studying in China
*** Intelligent testing systems and spaced repetition to make sure you never forget a single Chinese character
*** 3000+ essential Chinese words
*** 3000+ essential Chinese phrases
*** 3000+ Audio files for character, words, and phrases
*** FREE 7-day trial
Zizzle offers three subscription plans with full access to the Zizzle library of content:
1. Zizzle Monthly plan for $9.99 ($9.99/month)
2. Zizzle 3-Months plan for $24.99 ($8.33/month)
3. Zizzle Annual plan for $59.99 ($4.99/month)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
• 250+ NEW Chinese characters
• 750+ NEW words and phrases
• 750+ NEW audio recordings
• NEW decks and support for NEW textbooks
• -70% reduced download size of the app
• Design and performance improvements
• Added user feedback feature
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app - too few characters for advanced learning
The mnemonics are definitely good, the illustrations are solid, but this strategy I find is too slow to do for every character. Where I really need this is for the harder characters with similar appearances. While I like the system, it was missing too many characters to be of large utility.
If you read this after a while though I’d definitely see if the number of characters expands. I would definitely recommend.
Awesome content, small problems
I absolutely love this app and recommend it to anyone looking to learn Chinese characters. It has mnemonics for not only the meaning, but the pronunciation and tone. Good quality audio for the characters. There’re also lots of example sentences and vocabulary words with audio. However, it needs some polishing to get 5 stars. The audio for example sentences is occasionally mismatched or transcribed incorrectly. There’s also no way to access the main menu without pushing the back button a million times. It would also be nice if you could turn on a reminder to review past characters. The review is often problematic though because some characters have multiple readings, so you can select a falsely “wrong” answer. That said, these are pretty minor flaws given how great the rest of the app is. I remember the characters I learn using this with almost zero repetition necessary!!!!
Not quite the Mandarin wani kani...
For those familiar with what a spectacular character learning app looks like (aka wani kani) this is noticeably lower quality. Can’t log into a free trial account across multiple devices, no automatic spaced repetition prompting including all covered characters, no vocabulary in spaced repetitions, no regular timing for spaced repetitions, the stories are over-complicated (the “heroes” should be the main characters, not random children, angels, truckers etc, this would make the tone, pronunciation and character much easier to remember and straightforward). Users should also have to type in the spelling rather than use multiple choice, this is much better for memorization. For a free trial maybe this is fine but if people are paying money to use this, the spaced repetition needs to be much more rigorous.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Zizzle eLearning Inc.
- 71.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Zizzle eLearning Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Zizzle - Master Chinese $9.99
- Zizzle - Master Chinese $59.99
- Zizzle - Master Chinese $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.