Games, Mini-Lessons, Missions, and More!
Learn Mandarin Chinese in the Coolest Fantasy Virtual World!
Ed-Wonderland is the No.1 Mandarin Chinese learning game for beginners!
Featured on the App Store in New Apps We Love!
ED-WONDERLAND'S KEY FEATURES
• learn Chinese with fun, bite-sized essential daily usage lessons,
• provides both Easy Mode and Challenge Mode for learning,
• provides both traditional and simplified Chinese,
• learn daily character, daily word and daily chengyu lessons,
• learn essential Chinese grammar,
• practice Chinese characters handwriting (including 1000+ traditional and simplified characters!),
• learn vocabulary conforming to HSK 1-4 proficiency tests requirements,
• take lessons on the Chinese Zodiac and pinyin,
• click on objects in beautiful scenes to see what they are called in the Mandarin language,
• play with well-designed interactive mechanisms to learn,
• use the Mandarin language knowledge learned to complete different missions,
• achieve higher challenge levels,
• earn badges and share your achievements with friends,
• play addictive educational games, and
• use the knowledge you learned to save animals from enemies in the Animal Valley!
• support offline mode!
Educational Theories Behind Ed-Wonderland and How They Work!
• “I am interested in learning Chinese, but I don't know how to start.” – Ed-Wonderland is the perfect app for beginners to learn Chinese. All the courses and missions are designed with consideration of learning curve.
• “I don’t have opportunities to use Mandarin.” – Ed-Wonderland applied situated-learning theory by providing many real-life-like environments with multiple missions using the Chinese language. You will have chances to apply the Chinese language you learned and know how and when to use the knowledge.
• “It is so hard for me to keep learning.” – Ed-Wonderland provides addictive games and fun missions in a happy learning environment. Ed-Wonderland is also the most highly game-based learning app. You will just love it! Won't be surprised to hear that you're addicted to Ed-Wonderland!
• “I really don’t have much time to learn.” – Each lesson typically takes only 1-2 minutes to complete, and the lessons are fun and effective!
• ”I want to learn while commuting.” – Ed-Wonderland offers the autoplay feature for character, word, and sentence lists, so that you can just listen and do not need to keep looking at the screen. In addition, EVERYTHING in Ed-Wonderland can be used offline! We will update your learning history when you have the Internet access if you login!
DAILY-LIFE MANDARIN LESSONS IN BEAUTIFUL SCENES
• 3 Free Fundamental Mandarin lessons and scenes
• Transportation: Bus & Subway
…fun, effective, and more to come!
INNOVATIVE INTERACTIVE MECHANISMS
Alice Education Studio proudly presents “interactive mechanisms” - the most creative and fun way to learn Mandarin Chinese - including:
• Balloon Machine: Blow balloons with different colors and listen to what the color is called in Mandarin.
• Calculator: Use the calculator to perform arithmetic operations on numbers and learn how to say it in Mandarin.
• Time Controller: Watch what happens when you play with the clock to change the time of the scene, and learn how to say a specific time in Mandarin.
• Weather Controller: Change the weather in the scene, and learn how to express a specific weather condition in Chinese.
• Bus Controller: Open the bus roof and explore what’s inside the bus.
• Subway Station Controller: Take a look at the subway train running underground.
ADDICTIVE EDUCATIONAL GAMES
• Animal Rescue (sentence structure)
• Tic-Tac-Toe (pinyin & tones)
• Mini Soccer (meaning & translation)
• Bridge Hero (meaning & translation)
Alice Education Studio cares about what you think. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Bug fixes and performance improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
How is this app not more popular? It is hands down the best Chinese learning app. Heck, it’s the best language app period out of all the ones I’ve tried for various languages. I love that they make much of the content available for free for those who can’t afford it. But for $8 to unlock the whole app, it’s a steal. I would’ve gladly paid a higher one time payment. Most language apps have unfortunately gone down the subscription model road, and I highly hope this app doesn’t do that because it deters a lot of people from signing up and learning. I love the graphics, music, games, and other educational features. I sincerely hope that this app one day gets the attention it deserves and becomes the top selling Mandarin Chinese app. And I would love to see this company branch out to apps on other languages if possible (like Japanese or other Chinese dialects).
Developer Response ,
Thank you! We are so blessed to have you as our user! :-)
Great compliment to have/use
Great tool to use to get into Chinese and the pronunciation. The location/context based learning is very effective. I started a formal course and this is way better than that at a basic level, but having a teacher and book gives you some additional information or makes it easier with some of the letters that aren’t pronounced as they are written. I suggest you take a Chinese course to make this tool even more powerful.
Suggestions: I think it needs a better search tool for words and phrases. Not limited to what you have seen already either. Also it should let you group up words and phrases contextually in the book word bank. It gets too cluttered otherwise. The tests also could be better as they are bit sized. Other type of tests would be nice. Like having the missions self generate conversations in another stage or in the review section. I would add a web browser stage with words for all the things we use online.
Best Mandarin Learning App
I've used several apps to learn Mandarin, and this is easily the best one. It covers all the major aspects of the language, such as character recognition, HSK, chengyu, and strokes. The gamification is a great system to keep you interested, and the mini games are a fun "study break" (although sometimes it relies less on your Mandarin knowledge and more on game aspects, which is fair for a game).
My only recommendation is a more where you can practice exclusively writing. The minigames so far tackle character recognition, identifying tones, and vocabulary. aminigame where you focus solely on writing would be nice, or if not a game then a study option.
Overall a solid Mandarin learning app, highly recommend!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kuo-Hsun Hung
- 154.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 學騰教育有限公司 (Alice Education Studio)
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Premium $8.99
- Unlock All Scenes $3.99
- HSK 1&2 Vocabulary Lesson $2.99
- HSK 3 Vocabulary Lesson $2.99
- Ninja $1.99
- Bruce Lee $1.99
- Astronaut $1.99
- Premium: 60 Days $6.99
- Wall $1.99
- Punch Man $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.