Start speaking a new language instantly. With uTalk Classic, learn the essential words and phrases you need to get talking, build confidence and make friends wherever you go.
Over 30 million people worldwide have used uTalk's award-winning method - developed over 25 years - to learn a new language. It's simple, fun, with immediate results… and now it has a shiny new look and improved games to make your learning even more rewarding.
uTalk Classic is:
• Motivating - enjoying something is the best way to stick at it. uTalk Classic's games are designed to be fun and addictive, so you actually want to keep learning.
• Authentic - we source native speakers and translators to bring you all the content in uTalk Classic, ensuring you're learning to speak just like a local.
• Smart - intelligent software knows what you're good at (and where you need more help), uniquely tailoring the games to your individual level.
• Perfect for pronunciation - record yourself as you practise speaking the language for yourself. You can do this as many times as you like to perfect your accent.
• Visual - our beautiful pictures link words with images to accelerate how your brain learns, using visual recall to help you remember your new language.
• Practical - uTalk Classic teaches you words and phrases you'll actually need with nine beginner topics: first words, food and drink, colours, numbers, parts of the body, telling the time, shopping, phrases and countries.
• Portable - use uTalk Classic offline anywhere in the world, with no risk of racking up any nasty roaming charges when you're abroad.
We've updated the app to make to make it work better for you - get the latest version for all available features.
• Bug Fixes
If you have any questions or feedback, we'd love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Scottish language app review
This is a fantastic Scottish language app. The words are clearly spoken, correspond to related photos to help quick recognition. I am going to Scotland in 2018, and I will use this on my trip. Thank you for your efforts. It was well worth the $10 US.
Good basic categories but the games are too easy with the “hard games” still prompting far too often on the few words that sound like English words. By contrast, the sections that share phrases go way too quickly to really learn the phrase (slower please!). Immediately bummed there’s no section to learn the alphabet or basic pronouns, definite articles... basic building blocks of a sentence, though you can piece some things together from looking at enough of the basic phrases they teach. Still glad I got this app though!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. This app is aimed at complete beginners and is designed to set achievable goals so that users are motivated to learn more. We also appreciate that it can be frustrating when English sounding words crop up more regularly than you’d like them to in Scottish Gaelic. But we’re really pleased to hear that you want more challenging Scottish Gaelic content and we can definitely help! Please contact email@example.com and we’ll point you in the right direction pronto. Best wishes, Sarah
The app is 100% AMAZING I'm a Scott who doesn't know Gaelic but it's spot on, AMAZING!
- EuroTalk Ltd
- 174.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 EuroTalk Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.