WordPower Chinese - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Learn Chinese with 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Chinese language right on your iOS device with the new and improved WordPower Chinese Vocabulary! Since the launch of iTunes App Store in 2008, WordPower Chinese has helped language students like you learn essential Chinese vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as a mini-travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Chinese phrases. Your journey to China begins right here, with WordPower Learn Chinese Vocabulary Vocabulary presented by ChineseClass101.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations." WordPower Learn Chinese Vocabulary Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Chinese? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Chinese Vocabulary Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature of the Lite version is now included in the full version
- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Chinese vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class, pinyin, hanzi
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Chinese Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in China. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- New! Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest ChineseClass101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Chinese language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Chinese learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without having excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word.
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Chinese
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
- Word View Options: Pinyin can be turned on and off
What's new in v5.0? A LOT.
-NEW: you asked for it. You got it! You can now have multiple custom word lists in your Word Bank. Take control of organizing your study sessions. Wondering where your old Word Bank went? Don't worry. Your existing Word Bank will be moved to the new Starred word list. If you have an iCloud account, all of your custom lists and your Starred list will be backed up to iCloud and synced across your devices.
-NEW: add a word to one of your custom word lists by tapping on the new "Add to List" button on the word detail screen. You can also quickly add a word to the Starred list by tapping on the Star icon in the upper right.
-NEW: a beautiful new user interface
-NEW: it's now much easier to review words you're having trouble with! when you mark flashcards as wrong, they'll now be automatically added to a new flashcard deck called "Missed words." You'll find the new deck on the Flashcards screen at the top. When you mark these words as correct, they'll be automatically removed from the "Missed words" deck. If you'd like to manually remove words instead, just go to More->Settings (on iPad, Settings), then go into Flashcard Settings and turn off "Auto-remove missed words when marked right"
-NEW: transliterations are now hidden for sample sentences when they're turned off in Word View Settings
-NEW: you can now set the maximum flashcards per session to all available words instead of the max being 100
-FIXED: fixed an issue that would cause words of the day to be missing audio and images
-lots of other various bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect to have when you have so time to kill and catch up on some stick points. Works as intended.
great app for relative beginner
This app is just what I was looking for. The pinyin is large and easy to read. The audio pronounciation is clear and solid. The best feature is a record button that lets you record and hear yourself speaking in comparison with the dictionary pronouncination. There aren't that many words but the amount is fine for someone trying to build a basic vocabulary and get the tones right! The drawback, as far as I can see, is that the thing can be sloooww. Otherwise I love it!
Good... but not quite worth $10 yet. Needs fixes
Desperately needs preset flash card groupings!!! A huge pain to set up any flash cards at all... Ok, the only problem with this program really is the organization! However, it is extremely hindering. Trying to set up drills or practice flash cards is insanely annoying and the catagories and way everything is organized make the program a big pain and almost waste of time. This SERIOUSLY needs some sort of preset drills, scoring system or heck... something to make it easier to use. Right now, I regret buying this along with WordPower Korean which suffers from the same problem.
- Innovative Language Learning USA LLC
- 113.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2016 Innovative Language Learning
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.