WordPower Spanish - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Learn Spanish with 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Spanish language right on your iOS device with the new and improved WordPower Spanish Vocabulary! Since the launch of iTunes App Store in 2008, WordPower Spanish has helped language students like you learn essential Spanish vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as a mini-travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Spanish phrases. Your journey to Spain or another Spanish speaking country begins right here, WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary presented by InnovativeLanguage.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, ""A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations."" WordPower Spanish Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Spanish? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Spanish Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature of the Lite version is now included in the full version
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Spanish vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class and gender
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Spanish Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in Spain or another Spanish speaking country. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- New! Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest SpanishPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Spanish language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Spanish learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Spanish
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
- Authentic Iberian Spanish pronunciation (Mexican Spanish WordPower and Peruvian Spanish WordPower also available in the iTunes store)
What's new in v5.0? A LOT.
-NEW: you asked for it. You got it! You can now have multiple custom word lists in your Word Bank. Take control of organizing your study sessions. Wondering where your old Word Bank went? Don't worry. Your existing Word Bank will be moved to the new Starred word list. If you have an iCloud account, all of your custom lists and your Starred list will be backed up to iCloud and synced across your devices.
-NEW: add a word to one of your custom word lists by tapping on the new "Add to List" button on the word detail screen. You can also quickly add a word to the Starred list by tapping on the Star icon in the upper right.
-NEW: a beautiful new user interface
-NEW: it's now much easier to review words you're having trouble with! when you mark flashcards as wrong, they'll now be automatically added to a new flashcard deck called "Missed words." You'll find the new deck on the Flashcards screen at the top. When you mark these words as correct, they'll be automatically removed from the "Missed words" deck. If you'd like to manually remove words instead, just go to More->Settings (on iPad, Settings), then go into Flashcard Settings and turn off "Auto-remove missed words when marked right"
-NEW: transliterations are now hidden for sample sentences when they're turned off in Word View Settings
-NEW: you can now set the maximum flashcards per session to all available words instead of the max being 100
-FIXED: fixed an issue that would cause words of the day to be missing audio and images
-lots of other various bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Every day it reminds me that I need to build up my vocabulary by giving me a new word to learn. You see a picture, hear the word, you can then record your voice and compare it to the speakers voice. There are also a few practical applications using the word.
You can also go over the last several days vocabulary builders and refresh your memory. I love this app, it works exactly as advertised.
Don't do the update!
1st let me say when I got app, about a year and half ago, it was great, I loved it, very well put together, makes it fun to learn Spanish. Then the trouble began with their update, missing words, missing sample sentences, and flash cards. So I did the customer support thing,, they apologize for any inconvenience. They tell you, that you have to turn the auto lock off, or it interferes with the down loading of the media, so you have to delete the app and reinstall the app, and start over on the media downloads,, which did not help, and you get all the above media still missing and now some pictures. I did this twice, on both iPhone and iPad. At last check there still working on this, they wanted me to look through the app and give them info on the missing media files,, way I see it, is I paid to use the app, not jump through hoops, to help them fix it,, hate to say it but I think they just got like so many apps out there, just wanting lots of paying customers,, and don't care about there product, time to look for another Spanish learning app.
I bought this because I already speak Spanish decently and wanted to review words before an upcoming trip to Mexico. Thus I noticed at least one mistake: they translate "casado" as "tired." Casado actually means "married." LOL... maybe the software developer is trying to tell us something about his marriage.
It's also incomplete as another review pointed out. No definite articles, for example. I know the definite articles, because I already know Spanish. A new speaker would be lost with this. This software works as a simple review device for those of us that already know Spanish... but it wasn't worth the $9.99 that it cost. Don't buy it.
- Innovative Language Learning USA LLC
- 131.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2016 Innovative Language Learning
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.