WordPower Thai - The Ultimate Vocabulary Builder
Learn Thai with 2,000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases in the Thai language right on your iOS device with the new and improved WordPower Thai Vocabulary! Since the launch of iTunes App Store in 2008, WordPower Thai has helped language students like you learn essential Thai vocabulary and phrases related to shopping, going to the doctor, travel, technology, weather and more! The app doubles as a mini-travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Thai phrases. Your journey to Thailand begins right here, with WordPower Learn Thai Vocabulary presented by InnovativeLanguage.com.
The power of these 2,000 words and phrases:
According to the experts, "A vocabulary of 1,500 words is enough to comfortably participate in everyday conversations." WordPower Thai Vocabulary not only gives the core 1,500 words and phrases that make up a language, but also the tools to master them in the fastest and easiest way possible.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn Thai? Absolutely YES!
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Thai Vocabulary FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- Support for iOS 6 and 4" Retina displays such as the iPhone 5 and 5th gen iPod Touch
- New! By popular demand, the Word of the Day feature of the Lite version is now included in the full version
- Approximately 2,000 Words: The most essential Thai vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, and class
- Thousands of Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- New! Thai Local List: A special list of words specific to daily life in Thailand. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- New! Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest ThaiPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated! Basic Resources: Want to explore the Thai language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Thai learning tips, information and material
- Updated! Easy to Use Design: Intuitive iOS swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function - Search entire database in English or Thai
- Progress Bar for keeping track of how many words you have really mastered
- Word View Options: Romanization can be turned on and off
What's new in v5.0? A LOT.
-NEW: you asked for it. You got it! You can now have multiple custom word lists in your Word Bank. Take control of organizing your study sessions. Wondering where your old Word Bank went? Don't worry. Your existing Word Bank will be moved to the new Starred word list. If you have an iCloud account, all of your custom lists and your Starred list will be backed up to iCloud and synced across your devices.
-NEW: add a word to one of your custom word lists by tapping on the new "Add to List" button on the word detail screen. You can also quickly add a word to the Starred list by tapping on the Star icon in the upper right.
-NEW: a beautiful new user interface
-NEW: it's now much easier to review words you're having trouble with! when you mark flashcards as wrong, they'll now be automatically added to a new flashcard deck called "Missed words." You'll find the new deck on the Flashcards screen at the top. When you mark these words as correct, they'll be automatically removed from the "Missed words" deck. If you'd like to manually remove words instead, just go to More->Settings (on iPad, Settings), then go into Flashcard Settings and turn off "Auto-remove missed words when marked right"
-NEW: transliterations are now hidden for sample sentences when they're turned off in Word View Settings
-NEW: you can now set the maximum flashcards per session to all available words instead of the max being 100
-FIXED: fixed an issue that would cause words of the day to be missing audio and images
-lots of other various bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Redoing my review after about a month of steady use. It is a great learning tool that really helps with getting the correct pronunciation down, which is so critical for Thai. I also like the ability to quickly go browse the word bank and focus on the words it shows you missed. This doubles the efficiency of the learning process. I took a star off for some problems although I think this is the best program I am aware of for flashcard Thai and it is well worth the money IMO.
Problems: There is no way to navigate backwords within the flashcards! If you go back to the Word Bank from Flashcards you loss your place and record in Flashcards. The transliteration is poor and frequently absolutely incorrect. This needs to be improved and would be a killer without the voice or a knowledge of Thai writing. The program needs to add tone indicators to the transliterations as well. There is some duplication of words. Also, the Thai script should always be BIGGER than the English script!!! Most apps do the same and it is crazy!!! Would like the ability to add your own custom words.
Good but could improve
I know this is WordPower but could improve if can teach Thai letters.
Very good for beginners who want to learn Thai language. Lots of words, phrases and examples useful in real life. Good audio tracks with English transcription. It will help you to learn the basics so when you move to the next level with person who actually speaks Thai it'll be easier to understand how to form sentences and phrases. It will save you a lot of money on the way of studying and actually speaking Thai. I rated it 4 stars nothing is perfect but only you can make a difference with your passion and willingness to learn new things and be perfect in it. Good luck!!!
- Innovative Language Learning USA LLC
- 118 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2016 Innovative Language Learning
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.