The best dictionary available for English language learners, from Merriam-Webster.
Master written and spoken English with this app designed especially for learners and teachers of the language.
Improve your understanding with full, clear definitions and numerous usage examples. The app also offers Voice Search – to let you look up a word without having to spell it – along with Audio Pronunciations, Word of the Day, Favorites, and more.
This is an essential app for anybody learning English.
* No Advertisements
* 100,000 words and phrases
* 160,000 usage examples that show how each word is used
* More than 22,000 idioms, verbal collocations, and commonly used phrases
* Count and noncount noun labeling
* Voice Search – Say the word and the app will find it for you!
* Audio Pronunciations – by native speakers of American English
* Integrated Thesaurus: Synonyms & Antonyms
* Word of the Day – includes idioms and phrasal verbs
* More than 1,000 illustrations
* Favorites – lets you keep track of words you want to remember
* Recent History – lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
* Reader View – lets you hide navigation buttons to see text in full screen
* For iPad: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
New Look - updated UI
Share Definitions and Word of the Day
Newly revised 2015 definitions
Ratings and Reviews
Landscape mode needed
Your app is great, but no landscape mode. Please fix the problem.
Two things I'd add is simple Derivations, and being able to hit enter after typing a word and go straight to the word
Bad Experience On iPad 12.9
The display is still zoomed after the iOS 10 Update. Some words are missing in this dictionary.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.