The best dictionary available for English language learners, from Merriam-Webster.
Master written and spoken English with this app designed especially for learners and teachers of the language.
Improve your understanding of English words and phrases with full, clear definitions and numerous usage examples. The app also offers Voice Search – to let you look up a word without having to spell it – along with Audio Pronunciations, Word of the Day, Favorites, and more.
This is an essential app for anybody learning English.
* No Advertisements
* 100,000 words and phrases
* 160,000 usage examples that show how each word is used
* More than 22,000 idioms, verbal collocations, and commonly used phrases
* Count and noncount noun labeling
* Voice Search – Say the word and the app will find it for you!
* Audio Pronunciations – by native speakers of American English
* Integrated Thesaurus: Synonyms & Antonyms
* Word of the Day – includes idioms and phrasal verbs
* More than 1,000 illustrations
* Favorites – lets you keep track of words you want to remember
* Recent History – lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
* Reader View – lets you hide navigation buttons to see text in full screen
New Look - updated UI
Share Definitions and Word of the Day
Newly revised 2015 definitions
Ratings and Reviews
Where did the synonyms and antonyms features go?
I really loved this apps. It really help me as an ESL student. But after the update, I couldn't find the synonyms and antonyms features anymore. I really disappointed, it more like that the apps were "downgraded" than updated.
Everything has been great so far, except favorites are not synced to web saved words, I hope developers can make this feature then I can read saved words on both web and mobile app.
The audio pronunciation just work with the hands free headphones and it doesn’t work with the speaker of iphone 8. Also it doesn’t have the specific part for synonyms and antonyms in iphone 8. We need a update please help us.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.