The only dedicated property release contract maker for drone pilots, aerial photographers / cinematographers, and location scouts and anyone who wants written permission for a property where they're flying, Legal Flyer is finally here!
Go paperless, reduce clutter and streamline your contract organization!
Legal flyer was designed to provide a comprehensive, powerful, yet simple way for drone pilots, from hobbyists to large production companies to secure the rights they need to do what they love: fly.
• Capture multiple signatures including date and time stamp
• All completed releases are seamlessly stored as PDF files which can be emailed or shared via PDF
• iPads with cellular can automatically pinpoint your location on a map and store latitude and longitude for remote filming. Not all epic locations have an address!
• Use your camera to store a picture of the property within the release for quick and easy recognition
• Store one date of permission or a range, you never know if you need to go back to get that one great shot.
• Automatically send your completed release to the property owner and optionally yourself for a simple backup solution
• Instantly add contact information from your address book to fill in pilot, property holder, and witness information
• LF's highly intuitive workflow is designed to get you through the release process as quickly as possible so you can spend your time in the air where you belong.
What people are saying about Legal Flyer:
THIS WAS POSTED IN THE APP STORE A FEW MONTHS AGO:
- "Getting release contracts w/o removing my iPad from the DJI controller is amazing! While I was flying a job, someone called the police. The officer approached me and asked if I had permission to fly on private property. Without landing, I pulled up the signed property release and offered to email, text, or AirDrop it to the officer's phone! He was so impressed, he asked me for the name of the app. Thank you Legal Flyer!!
Makes amazing contracts for flying drones on property you don't own. Gets signatures right in the app and makes a PDF that can be shared instantly! It works with AirPrint and can share the contracts to Dropbox, Google Drive, or any Adobe Reader and any other app which supports PDF. Love it!!"
- “This is a game changer, now drone pilots have a way to be protected from lawsuits.”
- “This is going to change the game forever, civilians can ensure they aren’t losing their privacy rights, and I can fly over just about any property now. This is the modern day permission slip.”
- “Well, now I’m not worried about being sued for commercial pictures.”
- “A must have for all professional and amateur aerial photographers and drone pilots.”
By popular demand, Pilot information and signature will now be retained! No need to re-add it every time! Address Import Bug Fixed. Please contact us directly with feedback or feature requests. *BONUS* We hope to include a sticker pack with the next free release of Legal Flyer®. You'll get this free with the next version! Please let us know if you have issues with your iPhone X via twitter @legalflyer or https://facebook.com/leglflyer . We've had one since they were released on November 3, 2017 and haven't found any issues.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a must have app for flying legally on private property. I would have given it 5 stars if it would remember my pilot and insurance information. Having to retype it every time is annoying.
Developer Response ,
Gadzooks! You're absolutely right! Looks like we commented out a record locator we shouldn't have! Thank you for calling it to our attention. We'll get on that!
This app is a necessity for drone pilots in the field!
Honestly can’t say enough good things about this app. Was so happy to find that it existed. First off, it’s super easy to use, very intuitive and user-friendly - it made sense the first time I opened it which is pretty much never the case.
More importantly, this little gem of an app recently saved me from a potentially very messy situation where I could have even been arrested... I was approached by a cop right as I was landing my bird and, by the grace of Legal Flyer, was able to prove that I had permission to fly on the property and avoid further shenanigans. I’m always trying to make sure I mind my P’s and Q’s while flying and now it’s so much easier to prove that I’m doing so....
If you think you might need it, you do. Just do yourself a favor and download already.
Never written a review in my life but had to take a min to sing some praises. Glad this app is out here....
Developer Response ,
Thank you so very much for sharing.
Great App + Support
I found this app to be very intuitive and easy to use! Had a question regardiing one of the app features and was able to contact a very helpful "live person" right away! How rare is that??!?
My only request for future releases is:
- Be able to save pilot information (i.e. name, email, insurance and picture) . . . just add signature for each job/release form.
Otherwise, great app!
Developer Response ,
Always a pleasure to hear from pilots directly! We’re working on pilot information retention for our next release. Glad our iOS keyboard shortcut tip helps in the interim. Keep flying and thank you for using Legal Flyer®.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.