*A companion app for the Descent: Legends of the Dark board game from Fantasy Flight Games.
Forge your own legend together with your friends as you adventure across the vibrant fantasy realm of Terrinoth! Powered by its fully integrated free companion app, Legends of the Dark puts you in the role of a budding hero with their own playstyle and abilities. Together with your unlikely companions, you’ll begin an unexpected adventure for one to four players!
To play Descent: Legends of the Dark, one player must download the free Legends of the Dark app on a compatible device. This companion app determines the setup of each quest, tracks your party’s inventory, skills, progress, and resolves combat while telling a narrative story of our heroes braving the exciting forests, dangerous dungeons, and majestic landscapes of Terrinoth. The app also lets the heroes save their campaign, allowing them to complete it over the course of several gaming sessions.
- UX improvements to the Crafthall: The ability to view currently equipped weapon parts, and the ability to immediately equip a crafted weapon part.
- UX improvement to enemy spawns: Selecting an enemy portrait during its spawn message will recenter the camera on its spawn location.
- Fixed an issue that caused base items to be rewarded after already obtaining the upgraded version.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain items to become unobtainable.
- New language content added.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but has a significant bug
In general, the app and game are great. Having the app handle attack and damage modifiers as well as monster AI is really helpful. We’ve run into a bug, though. In multiple scenarios, the blood witch doesn’t ever seem to activate, just sitting unmoving in the space that they arrive in. It significantly lessens the difficulty when those monsters are part of a scenario, so we’ve had to fake their attacks.
Really enjoying the new descent
They fixed the problem preventing the game from loading. The app is a clear upgrade over descent version 2 app. One of my favorite features is the “back/undo” button for the many times we misclick.
A Huge Step Up in App Integrated Board Games
For all of those on the fence about board games that need apps to play, this is the game that will silence the naysayers.
The tools it provides to help players with their game are worth it enough as it is (line of sight!) but the story, music, and voice acting make this a transformative board game experience!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc
- 740.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2021 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.