Helping you to meditate during Lent season with these meditations by St. Thomas Aquinas.
There are meditations for 63 days starting from Septuagesima Sunday until Holy Saturday with the following topics:
- The Work of the Vineyard
- On Doing Good
- The Prayer of Our Lord in the Garden
- Good Works
- The Reward
- The Need for Caution
- On Reforming Ourselves
- The Seed
- The Goodness of God
- The Remembrance of Our Lord's Passion
- The Need to be Watchful
- Our Watch must be Ceaseless
- The Worship due to God
- How are We to Serve God?
- How We should Serve God on the Lord's Day
- Our Lord is Scourged
- The Crown of Thorns
- The Grain of Wheat
- It was Fitting that Christ should be Tempted
- Christ had to be Tempted in the Desert
- Christ Underwent every Kind of Suffering
- How Great was the Sorrow of Our Lord in His Passion?
- It was Fitting that Christ should be Crucified with Thieves
- The Feast of the Holy Lance and the Nails of Our Lord
- The Love of God Shown in the Passion of Christ
- God the Father Delivered Christ to His Passion
- It was Fitting that Our Lord should Suffer at the Hand of the Gentiles
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was a Meritorious Act
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was an Act of Satisfaction
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was a Sacrifice
- Feast of the Holy Winding Sheet
- The Passion of Christ Wrought Our Salvation by Redeeming Us
- It is the Passion of Christ That has Freed Us from Sin
- The Passion of Christ has Delivered Us from the Devil
- Christ is Truly Our Redeemer
- The Price of Our Redemption
- The Preaching of the Samaritan Woman
- It is by the Passion of Christ that We have been Freed from the Punishment due to Sin
- The Passion of Christ Reconciles Us to God
- Christ by His Passion Opened to Us the Gates of Heaven
- Christ by His Passion Merited to be Exalted
- The Example of Christ Crucified
- The Divine Friend
- The Death of Lazarus
- The Precious Blood
- There was not Any more Fitting Way to Free the Human Race than through the Passion of Christ
- The Passion of Christ
- The Passion of Christ is Remedy against Sin
- The Burial of Christ
- On Being Buried Spiritually
- Which is the Greatest Sign of His Love Our Lord has Given Us?
- Our Lady's Suffering in the Passion
- How We, Each of Us, should Wash One Another's Feet
- Christ's Passion Serves Us as an Example
- It is Necessary that We be Wholly Clean
- Christ Preparing to Wash the Apostle's Feet
- Three Things are Symbolised by the Washing of the Feet
- The Last Supper
- The Death of Christ
- Why Our Lord Went Down to Limbo
Please pray for holy souls in Purgatory and also for me as I continue to develop Catholic apps.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Optimised for iOS 9 with San Francisco font used throughout the app
Added 3D Touch shortcut items feature to quickly launch today's meditation, continue from last meditation, view preparatory prayer or set reminder.
Ratings and Reviews
A Great Set of Meditations
A truly beautiful, thought provoking compilation--intellectual, stirring, beautifully written. These Lenten meditations do give you a deeper understanding of the Passion and of Jesus. I used them during Lent, but they are appropriate during a holy hour through out Ordinary Time, or on on Holy Days. I plan to go back to them after Lent--those meditations were very rich.
Closer to thee my Lord...
The teachings of the Church are timeless and for all ages. These writings and meditations help me to focus on my Lenten journey and bring me to the foot of the cross where I belong, and to accept and appreciate the crosses I am called on to bear. Thank you Mr. Valent for another wonderful Catholic app! May God reach all who read this how they need to be reached. Deus vobiscum!
Overall this is a useful and convenient app for Lent. However, I find the readings rather dense and lack accurate proofreading occasionally. Overall, the content of the app seems to be stuck in pre-Vatican II. Though thought-provoking, I wish there were some practical summary after each day's readings. Will probably use it until I find something better.
The developer, Leonard Mamangkey, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Leonard Mamangkey
- 30.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Leonard Mamangkey
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.