The Les Mills Releases app is a great additional tool for our team of 130,000+ Instructors to learn their latest release content. Instructors are able to learn their new releases on the go with the ability to stream videos and music straight to their smart device.
NOTE – This app is for current Les Mills instructors and should not be used by consumers. If you are looking to do Les Mills workouts at home, search for LES MILLS ON DEMAND in the App store. If you would like to become an instructor, please contact your local Les Mills office.
Other features include:
- Download your favorite releases in offline mode. Now you can watch the masterclass and listen to the latest music offline, anywhere
- Watch the masterclass video whilst reading your choreography notes simultaneously
- Create your own customisable music playlists from the releases that you have available in your Releases App.
- Discover what’s new in fitness research and teaching with a dedicated Education section
This new iOS version of the Releases App includes a minor update to make it easier for instructors to provide feedback on quarterly releases:
- Link to Quarterly Releases Survey added to MORE tab
- Bug fix relating to Music controls not displaying initially on Playlist screen
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding Innovative Moves But one caution
The high pulls and walking bench push-ups provide great challenges to participants👍. Be aware that the backward stepping lunges can easily cause Achilles tendinitis… It did in my right leg, and as a result, I have been unable to teach for three months and counting!😩
I’m really glad that the app is so user-friendly, facilitates creating playlists quickly and efficiently, and that everything I need to practice is all in one spot.
I have one complaint about the download (not the app). Sometimes when I print out a page of the choreography notes, they bleed off the page and sometimes as much as five lines are cut off; yet when I view the page preview, it’s all complete and NOT cut off. Why?
Constant glitches. Please fire your developers and start over.
I can’t count how many times I’ve had issues with this app. I’ve decided to write it off and download all materials to use through iTunes. The app is no longer new. It shouldn’t have such massive issues anymore. Instructors pay a huge price for access to these materials and clearly not enough of that money is spent on improving this tool.
1. The CX is cumbersome. I want to be able to browse releases easily without constant back and forth.
2. Every time there is a new release something breaks. This morning it just started pausing constantly in the middle of my class and because I stupidly relied on this app to serve it’s purpose my class was a disaster as a result.
3. Music disappears or won’t play often and without warning even if downloaded. Before they launched the ability to refresh a release you had to delete the entire app and redownload to get it back. And there was no guarantee it would work. Sometimes would have to do this a handful of times.
4. The refresh release function doesn’t work! Why give a feature that won’t work? So perplexed.
5. If you try to watch a part of the video then leave to go listen to the music the video is still playing in the background unless you quit the app and restart it.
6. Instead of fixing glitches they launched new ways to gain our trust then screw us mid class aka playlists!
Basically don’t bother with this unless you have some desire to have it crap out on you mid class.
Love ease but still not 100%
I love the ease of having an app instead of printing off choreography notes & separately downloading music. I love how you can use while not connected to WiFi.
I’ve walked into class & out of the blue all my releases were hone....not the best feeling & definitely didn’t look professional. Even after downloaded, the app is slow & I have to reboot iPad. I can open the app on the way to work, close it, walk into class & it not open. I also hate you have to delete all releases to download the new release.
Having all the info together is amazing but there are still a few issues.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Les Mills International Ltd
- 121.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Les Mills International Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.