A free AAC talker app supports communication in all areas of life and therefore providing a voice to everyone. LetMeTalk is donation financed.
LetMeTalk enables you to line up images in a meaningful way to read this row of images as a sentence. To line up images is known as AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication).
The image database of LetMeTalk contains more than 9,000 easy to understand images from ARASAAC (http://arasaac.org). Additionally, you can add existing images from the device or take new photos with the build in camera.
For LetMeTalk no internet connection or mobile contract is necessary, so you can use LetMeTalk in almost any situation, like hospitals, nursing home or schools.
You can find LetMeTalk tutorials at http://letmetalk.info/support
• autism symptoms and Asperger syndrome, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
• speech apraxia
• articulation/phonological disorder
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
• Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
• cerebral palsy
• down syndrome
• more than 9,000 images from ARASAAC included
• voice support for images and sentences
• unlimited and flexible creation of new categories and adding new images
• pre configured for kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
• load / save your current profile (vocabulary)
• keep several profiles on your devices and switch fast between them
• share your profile easily with other devices
• switch fast between 2 languages and use LetMeTalk as translator
• supported languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German, Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Arabic, Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Galician, Catalan, Basque
• voice support for most languages
- bugfix: it is now possible again to add images from the gallery
Ratings and Reviews
Ever since my iPhone updated the voice is now a robot and not how it was originally. It’s not just my phone, it’s also my sons ABA therapists iPhone. Wondering if there could be an update to fix this issue.
After using this for a year I can confidently say This is the best free aac app i have tried the speech is understandable lots of words great categorizing ability easy to use and doesn't need wifi to work. I'm autistic and when upset, tired or in pain lose my verbal skills. Communication with this app is fluid easy and effective. Tips: some words are named a bit funny so you might have to search for a few moments try U.K. And American English words to refer to something first then try synonyms. Some words may need to be spelled phonetically
Can’t get any help from developer
I am not sure if the app is even working if you have to add profiles. The website is unavailable and says maintenance. I have been emailing for over a week with no response. New profiles will not open in the app. Doesn’t recognize my password and no way to reset a password. I recommend this to my students and now am hesitant to do so.
- AppNotize UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 124.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014, AppNotize UG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.