*** Previously Featured App in Apple's "What's Hot" for iPad education***
Now 2 apps in 1!!!! New Memory Match Game.
Let's Hear the Animals! (Animal Sounds) is a universal iPhone/iPad application developed especially for pre-school children to see pictures of a variety of animals and to hear the sounds that they make. It is designed as a basic program for children to use easily in any location – at home or in a car, bus, train, plane or stroller. The child chooses an animal by touching a picture of the animal from a gallery view. This view shows six animals per page (see screenshot). Once your child taps on an animal's image from this main view, they will see a full screen image of that animal appear and they will hear the animal's name. To hear the sound that the animal makes simply tap the picture of the animal which will now fill the screen in a beautiful landscape view. To return to the main view and select a different animal the child can select the white home button in the center of the screen on the bottom, or he/she can choose to see the next or previous animals by clicking the white left and right arrows. By using these arrows, the child does not need to use the gallery view unless they want to skip a bunch of animals to get to their favorite.
With the 3.0 update, Let's Hear the Animals! became a bilingual educational tool; children can now enter an entirely spanish version of the application. They select the animal from the gallery view and the hear the name of the animal in spanish.
It’s easy and fun! Video demo available on Facebook page.
This application contains 40 unique images of 38 different animals.
You can expect to see and hear the following animals: Parrot, Dolphin, Monkey, Rattlesnake, Seal, Hyena, Killer Whale, Humpback Whale, Bee, Cicadas, Pig, Elephant (adult+child), Horse, Wolf, Crow, Crickets, Owl, Chimpanzee, Cow, Tiger, Lion, Frog, Kittens, Rooster, Elephant, Geese, Black Bear, Bear Cub, Woodpecker, Cheetah, Cuckoo, Donkey, Mosquito, Sheep, Crocodile, Goat, Duck, Dog, Rhinoceros.
The Kangaroo is the only animated sound (my three year old son's request).
At the end of the application, there are also ten pages containing four animals per page; perfect for overlapping and comparing sounds.
// Support e-mail is working
////Big Update 2-10-10///
1) The new Landscape View provides a more natural field of view.
2) The name of the animal is now heard as the image appears on the screen.
3) Bigger images now possible due to removal of the Display bar as per user requests.
4) Return of Forward and Backward arrow navigation, with child/user option to use the gallery view if they prefer.
5) Arrows now have a translucent center, so less of the animal is obscured from your view.
6) Gallery icons are now rounded with no white background visible.
7) All issues with sounds cutting short should be resolved with this update - if you move to the next animal in the middle of a sound playing that sound will be stopped.
8) My e-mail is working and I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
9) Special thanks to OC Rob D for leaving a review and letting me know of his issues with my application, while also letting everyone know that my app was a “HUGE hit” in his house. I hope that you find all of the issues resolved and my e-mail working.
10) I also included a link to review/rate my application within the application. Please take the time to review my app. With 100K apps on the iTunes Store your reviews help others find my application and I greatly appreciate your support.
Updated for iOS 11 and minor bug fixes. Reminder, if you are not hearing any sound please check the physical mute button on the side of your device :).
Hope you enjoy the update!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Daughter loves the match game
Our daughter has taken over my ipad so i thought I'd find some educational apps for her. She loves this one, especially the match game. She'll flip the cards and squeal with delight when the sounds come on. The photos are very clear, too. We like this one better than the other 'animal' apps out there.
This app is exactly what I wanted for my little one. It's perfect, full size screen pic of the animal, the name of the animal in the upper corner, tap the animal and it makes the perfect sound and it has Spanish and a memory game. I gave 4 stars because it needs to be updated for iOS 11. Since it's a paid app it would be nice to have it updated.
Developer Response ,
So glad you like the app:). Sorry for the delay, but it is now updated for iOS 11!
No sound. Bummer.
Developer Response ,
Please check the physical mute button on your device. It will mute the sound. Thanks:)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.