An exciting adventure where spelling is the key to victory!
Letter Battle allows you to record your own custom spelling lists, mixing education with fun RPG gameplay! Ideal for grades 1-4.
Welcome to the land of Alphabania, where an evil wizard has used his power to steal all the letters and words from the land. The only hope now resides in a young hero with the special gift to bring life back to the letters!
It is up to you to travel through forests and mountains, face a variety of nasty minions, defeat the evil wizard and bring balance back to land! Along the way you'll spell dozens of words and build an army of letters. You'll need their help in order to save Alphabania!
· Embark on an epic adventure with over 45 battles
· Battle enemies by spelling words correctly
· Recruit an army of letters
· Create your own custom spelling lists by inputting and recording any word you like
· Adjustable difficulty (Ideal for grades 1-4)
· Discover Mystic items to aid you in your quest like the Spelling Sword and Letter Shield
· Become the Letter Hero!
· Make those weekly spelling lists more fun by recording customized word lists with an easy-to-use interface
· The core app features word lists in English, but customized word lists can be created in any language
- Additional word lists added.
- All words are now chosen from the selected list.
- Full screen support on iPad
- New battle backgrounds added.
- Various crash and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
My six year and three olds love this game. They have been playing it by choice for over a year now and it looks like we will still have quiet a bit more use as the battles can be made harder. The 3 year old is spelling thanks to this!
Terrific spelling app; not perfect
My six year old has been reading since age three, but spelling is a new skill she is working on. This is her favorite app because of the wonderfully creative letter “costumes” after she “brings the letters to life”. I really like that the app can grow with her by having the word sets be more challenging as she learns the easier lists.
What’s not perfect is that the pictures are static; no one’s mouths move. Any backstory or exposition scenes are sort of comic-book-style, with only audio and no captions. The “battle” animation is just the images of the girl and her opponent shaking a bit and saying “Ow” when they are hit by letters. Actually animating these interactions with other characters would make this a 5/5 for me.
Very well done!
Latest update is great !
The devs listened and acted. My custom list is now loaded and ready to do battle! Seriously, My 5 year old son loves this "game."
He loves the "add power" to a letter feature after he wins. The letters look different when they are ready to do "double damage"
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.