Letterboxd for iOS puts the popular social network for film lovers on your iPhone or iPad, so you can log films and catch up on your friends’ activity with ease.
Sign in with your existing account (or create one for free) to enjoy our all-new native interface. These features of the web experience are supported, with more to come:
– Sign in (with 1Password support) or create an account
– Browse popular, highly rated and most anticipated films (including our official list of the Top 250 Narrative Features)
– Log films with date, rating, review and tags
– View film info (including cast & crew, popular lists and reviews) and rate, like, watchlist or mark as watched
– View (and filter) your activity feed
– Read and comment on reviews and lists
– Create and edit lists
– View member profiles including films, reviews, diary entries, tags, stats and more
– Follow members to see their activity in your feed
– Filter and sort collections of films based on specific criteria
– Search for films, content and people
– Edit your profile settings
Our app offers account upgrades as follows:
– Upgrade to 1 Year of Letterboxd Pro or Patron
– Pro tier adds annual and all-time stats pages based on your account activity, advanced activity and streaming service filters (including the option to pick and filter by the streaming services you subscribe to, powered by JustWatch.com), list cloning and removes third-party ads.
– Patron tier provides all the benefits of Pro, plus a profile backdrop taken from the first of your four favorite films (if available), a listing on the Patrons page of our website and early access to new features.
– Payment is charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm purchase and your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renewal is disabled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for a renewal up to 24 hours before the end of each current period, at the same annual fee.
– You can manage your subscription and disable auto-renewals in the App Store app following purchase.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We welcome your feedback regarding Letterboxd for iOS. Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Adds support for memorialized accounts.
– Improves the handling of drag interactions in some modal dialogs.
– Fixes a bug that caused modal dialog screens to temporarily render with the wrong color in Dark mode.
– Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The first thing we want to do after seeing a movie is talk about it, and Letterboxd is a great place to connect with fellow film buffs. With this slick, streamlined app, we can easily share lists and reviews—and comment on friends’ updates—from the couch or the movie-theater lobby. If you’re serious about cinema, you’ll feel right at home.
why so buggy?
don’t get me wrong, this is a great website and service but I’m getting increasingly frustrated by how many bugs there are that don’t seem to have been addressed in the year that I’ve been using this app. I’m using the newest iPhone and the latest update of the app and would expect it to be a relatively smooth experience, but I find that several different bugs make it frustrating or even impossible to use. like some other reviewers have noted, I get logged out (or rather, told that there’s an error and I need to log out) and then only with difficulty manage to log back in; often in tapping on a film or review or user profile, the orange bar appears saying “Error loading [film/ user/film relationship/review]—something has gone wrong. Please try again later.” sometimes it still loads but with information missing (like user reviews), sometimes it doesn’t load at all, sometimes I can manage to get it to load by going back a few pages and retracing my steps and trying again, and sometimes it even crashes the app (which has been happening a lot today and has prompted the writing of this review). my point is that the only consistency is this inconsistency and it makes using the app a frustrating experience (the three haptic buzzes that these errors come with only makes it more aggravating). not sure if it’s a server problem or something or if it’s a buggy app but I would appreciate it if these many problems are addressed in a future update.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for writing Michael. We’ve put some considerable effort into both reducing the number of crashing bugs in the app (several of which were related to the new iOS 13 release) and improving the stability of our servers, which were almost certainly the cause of you being signed out and data failing to load correctly. It’s not perfect yet, but it’s markedly improved on how it was a month ago. We’d love you to re-test and update your review if you feel things have improved to your satisfaction.
More sorting and customization please.
I would really like to see an option to sort by region, or to customize the app to only show certain regions, or countries of release. Sifting thru so many films that I will NEVER be interested in is beyond frustrating. Sorting by release date is nice, but honestly, I almost don’t want to bother with this app sometimes because of the lack of this one feature. I also don’t understand why the newest releases don’t show up when I first open the app. I sometimes have to go searching for a movie that literally opened the day I saw it. This doesn’t make any sense. Instead, upon opening the app, the “popular” tab shows up and gives me movies that opened months ago because I guess people are still talking about them. That’s great, but when I open the app, I would like to see what just came out. I will NEVER go pro with this app until I can customize it so that I don’t have to wade thru so much detritus to get to what I want. In other words, I would like the option to see regional new releases show up for me first. I don’t think that’s too much to ask since you can sort all kinds of other info. I am glad that all these movies are available. It’s just that they are superfluous to me and makes this app more cumbersome than it could be.
- Letterboxd Ltd
- 43.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Letterboxd
- In-App Purchases
- Letterboxd Pro $18.99
- Letterboxd Patron $48.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.