This Apple award winner is fun and relaxing! Play multiple concurrent games casually with friends, random opponents or match wits against bot players. You can even play within custom groups!
If you enjoy word games then you will love Letterpress for its intuitive play and beautiful design. Two players take turns spelling words to capture the board. Player with the most points wins!
• PLAY words at your own pace even across multiple games if you like concurrent play.
• ALWAYS FREE and full-featured.
• COMPETE against friends, let Letterpress find you an opponent or challenge one of our Bot players.
• CHAT in real-time with other players.
• TRACK your performance with Statistics and Leaderboards.
• DICTIONARIES power real-time word definitions.
• GROUP PLAY enables friends to play Letterpress within custom groups (no outsiders) enjoying group-level Statistics, Leaderboards and more great features!
• Many more game features and customizations available.
For free support and answers to frequently asked questions, head over to http://www.letterpressapp.com/support.html. Follow us on Twitter @LetterpressApp. Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Letterpress. Play everywhere!
Letterpress is built in the USA by the team at Solebon LLC (http://www.solebon.com) where
we are dedicated to Sharpening Minds at Play.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
It's a battle for vocabulary and territory supremacy in this addictive, strategic take on word games. Find a friend, start spelling, and dominate the board one letter at a time.
Inventive, simple wi a few flaws
I rated Letterpress 5-Stars because it’s in the top echelon of app games. I don’t mean that it is without its design shortcomings, however. I will make the following 3 observations:
(1) it’s fun, and as you play more you figure out alternative strategies to the initial attack & burrow-in approach which can be equally effective. I like the minimalism of its rules, format and operations.
(2) the lexicon continues to baffle me. I still play words which are valid but disallowed. And the abundance of foreign words that are allowed are disconcerting (“zapateros” was a recent example and there are numerous Russian and Arab transliterations which are allowed).
(3) I lose 10% of my games. Half of those are the result of a failure to foresee the favorable board I leave my opponent after submitting. A “preview” key would be nice but it detracts from the minimalism of the design and fosters laziness. Of the remaining 5%, half of those are bonafide words that I know and had not considered. The other half are walk-off winners which I have never heard of. Everyone has vastly different backgrounds and expertise so you can never be sure how they know these words. But archaisms and obsolete technical terms are a give away. And I bet there are a large number of players who are expert Scrabble players who routinely study word lists and unusual letter combinations.
Thank you, Atebits.
The greatest game ever
I love this game, and played it all the time with my wife while we were both at work. She has since determined I’m too difficult an opponent and lost interest in playing against me, so the (presumably recent) addition of bot opponents has given the game infinite replay value, even among the antisocial types like me who would rather not play at all than be forced to play against random human opponents. Letterpress was always great, but the bot opponents now move it firmly into the realm of “my favorite mobile game of all time”. Keep being awesome, Letterpress (and maybe continue to introduce more bot archetypes over time)!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Solebon LLC
- 37.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Solebon LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Letterpress Upgrade $9.99