Visit levelitbooks.com for any questions you have about the app!
A library management app that allows you to scan your books' ISBNs to view the Guided Reading, Lexile®, Grade Level Equivalent, and DRA levels for the book and store them in a personalized library. You can build your leveled library quickly by searching our comprehensive database of over 300K books spanning those 4 leveling standards. We have a passion for education and our goals are to help you organize your classroom library and to alleviate the struggles associated with finding the levels of books. This app is great for educators who need to level their classroom library and also need a way to organize those books digitally. Parents will also find this app useful in order to locate level appropriate books for their child's reading enjoyment.
‣ Scan or manually search by ISBN, book title or author to lookup level information where available.
‣ View a new book of the week recommended by teachers.
‣ Create and maintain libraries of your books.
‣ Loan out your books and keep track of them by utilizing the Check out and in feature.
‣ Create and maintain roster(s) of your students for checking out books and maintaining reading levels.
‣ Create and maintain wish lists of books that you don't currently have, but would like to get in the future.
‣ Cloud Syncing! Easily sync all of your data across iOS devices.
‣ Cloud Backup! We now backup your data on a daily basis so in the event of you losing your device or getting a new one, you can easily restore your data.
‣ Social - Educators can submit book levels and recommendations to benefit other users (Levels will be independently reviewed for accuracy before going live).
‣ Theme and Font customization - Adjust the theme colors and fonts of the app to customize to your liking.
‣ An active support team that is dedicated to developing new features and adding new books to our database.
Join us in building the best community for educators and parents to support the on going growth of our children!
We would love to hear from you! If you have any issues, questions, or suggestions, please use the Contact Us page in the app or email us at email@example.com. You can also visit us at levelitbooks.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/LevelItBooks, and on Twitter @LevelItBooks.
The ISBN scanner feature requires a device with an auto-focus camera (e.g. iPhone 3GS or newer, iPad 3 or newer) for native camera support. If you have a fixed-focus device (e.g. iPad 2) we use a companion app for scanning that will be seamless to you. We will walk you through it when you launch the scanner.
This app also requires internet connectivity (e.g. WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE) to communicate with our back end service to bring you the great features of this app.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
‣ Squashed some bugs from our last update.
‣ Cloud Syncing! Easily access all of your data across iOS devices.
‣ Cloud Backup! We now backup your data on a daily basis so in the event of you losing your device or getting a new one, you can easily restore your data to a new device.
‣ User Accounts - to support cloud syncing and backup, we now require all users to create an account. Already have a teacher account? You are good to go and will just need to log in. Don't have an account yet? Tap the register button to get started in 1-2 minutes.
‣ Have a large library? Please be patient while it is transferred to the cloud. The initial sync process for most users should be only 5-10 seconds.
‣ iOS 9 support
Ratings and Reviews
Missing Key Features
Maybe there are better apps out there for a class from collections? This one is missing all of the things that everyone else has noted- print, export, etc. There also doesn't seem to be a way to combine libraries or move/copy a book from one library to another. Scanning ISBN numbers didn't work very well. Often it either couldn't find that ISBN or when it did, that particular version didn't have any levels listed. Searching the title work a bit better since the same title has multiple ISBNs and I was able to click around and sometimes found a one with a level. But, many titles have no levels under any ISBN. I had to spend a lot of time on Scholastic's and AR's site to find levels, and come back to this app to save the book to a library, based on levels. All of the extra research made cataloging hundreds of books a very, very long process. I also posted a question on their FB page, but it looks like it takes over a week to get an answer, so I'm still waiting.
Could be do much more....
It's not that bad, but there are many flaws that makes the app kind of pointless. I have a personal collection of 500 books with cds, most from Scholastic. I completed entering the data. Mist of the time, I had to manually search either by title or author, because it would not find the ISBN by scanning it. Most of the books do only have the Lexile levels. Most of the time, there were no pictures either from scanning or manually searching for a book. Many of my ISBN were not in the system, so I had to choose the same title but with a different ISBN. This will cause a problem when kids will checkout a book with ISBN that is not in the system. So, I think it's great to easily find my books in my library, but that ends there. More than half of my books didn't have their ISBN in the system, but were under different ISBN.
There's good and bad to this app. The great thing is they have a classroom library and it gives a check in and check out system which can be very helpful to teachers. On the other end, I've looked up GR levels that are missing and submit them and it gives me a message that they are reviewing it. When does that process happen? It seems like the creators of this app are a little out of the loop with the reviewers. People are asking for better quality and paying for this app makes it even more frustrating when something doesn't work how it's advertised. Also, it's exhausting to spend forever leveling books by typing all the titles in because it's more likely they will come up then if you scan it. This app has great potential. Please update it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- KTL Mobile Apps LLC
- 7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 KTL Mobile Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Font and Theme Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.