Level It Books 4+
KTL Mobile Apps LLC
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Visit levelitbooks.com for any questions you have about the app!
A library management app that allows you to scan your books' ISBNs to view the Guided Reading, Lexile®, Grade Level Equivalent, and DRA levels for the book and store them in a personalized library. You can build your leveled library quickly by searching our comprehensive database of over 300K books spanning those 4 leveling standards. We have a passion for education and our goals are to help you organize your classroom library and to alleviate the struggles associated with finding the levels of books. This app is great for educators who need to level their classroom library and also need a way to organize those books digitally. Parents will also find this app useful in order to locate level appropriate books for their child's reading enjoyment.
‣ Scan or manually search by ISBN, book title or author to lookup level information where available.
‣ View a new book of the week recommended by teachers.
‣ Create and maintain libraries of your books.
‣ Loan out your books and keep track of them by utilizing the Check out and in feature.
‣ Create and maintain roster(s) of your students for checking out books and maintaining reading levels.
‣ Create and maintain wish lists of books that you don't currently have, but would like to get in the future.
‣ Cloud Syncing! Easily sync all of your data across iOS devices.
‣ Cloud Backup! We now backup your data on a daily basis so in the event of you losing your device or getting a new one, you can easily restore your data.
‣ Social - Educators can submit book levels and recommendations to benefit other users (Levels will be independently reviewed for accuracy before going live).
‣ Theme and Font customization - Adjust the theme colors and fonts of the app to customize to your liking.
‣ An active support team that is dedicated to developing new features and adding new books to our database.
Join us in building the best community for educators and parents to support the on going growth of our children!
We would love to hear from you! If you have any issues, questions, or suggestions, please use the Contact Us page in the app or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit us at levelitbooks.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/LevelItBooks, and on Twitter @LevelItBooks.
The ISBN scanner feature requires a device with an auto-focus camera (e.g. iPhone 3GS or newer, iPad 3 or newer) for native camera support. If you have a fixed-focus device (e.g. iPad 2) we use a companion app for scanning that will be seamless to you. We will walk you through it when you launch the scanner.
This app also requires internet connectivity (e.g. WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE) to communicate with our back end service to bring you the great features of this app.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
‣ Squashed some bugs from our last update.
‣ Cloud Syncing! Easily access all of your data across iOS devices.
‣ Cloud Backup! We now backup your data on a daily basis so in the event of you losing your device or getting a new one, you can easily restore your data to a new device.
‣ User Accounts - to support cloud syncing and backup, we now require all users to create an account. Already have a teacher account? You are good to go and will just need to log in. Don't have an account yet? Tap the register button to get started in 1-2 minutes.
‣ Have a large library? Please be patient while it is transferred to the cloud. The initial sync process for most users should be only 5-10 seconds.
‣ iOS 9 support
Ratings and Reviews
Very Limited User Features
Want to change your email address because it’s been updated sometime in the last 10 years? You can’t. Want to combine some of libraries? You can’t. Want to search all of your library‘s? It looks like you can but the results are always zero., even if the book is already a part of one of your libraries. Many titles are not in their database and even if they are don’t expect them to provide reading levels. I do like that I can check to see if I have a particular title… If I can only guess correctly which leveled library it might be in.
Could be do much more....
It's not that bad, but there are many flaws that makes the app kind of pointless. I have a personal collection of 500 books with cds, most from Scholastic. I completed entering the data. Mist of the time, I had to manually search either by title or author, because it would not find the ISBN by scanning it. Most of the books do only have the Lexile levels. Most of the time, there were no pictures either from scanning or manually searching for a book. Many of my ISBN were not in the system, so I had to choose the same title but with a different ISBN. This will cause a problem when kids will checkout a book with ISBN that is not in the system. So, I think it's great to easily find my books in my library, but that ends there. More than half of my books didn't have their ISBN in the system, but were under different ISBN.
Great but missing features
I got this app to catalog books for a teacher. It was a bit of work but I was able to catalog about 300 books in a couple of days. Unfortunately there is no export function so I had to use OCR to retrieve the titles and retype isbns to make a spreadsheet (an export function would go a long way) and look all over the Internet for GR levels. The app has GR levels but sometimes the book is leveled under one isbn but not leveled under another isbn. In the end I used my spreadsheet to print barcode/level stickers for the books so now it is easy to check books in and out. The problem is, there is no history of check-outs, so the teacher can control currently checked books but not who read what - a big flaw.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- KTL Mobile Apps LLC
- 7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 KTL Mobile Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Font and Theme Pack $0.99