LexicEN is a fast, offline dictionary that features:
• FAST, OFFLINE SEARCH - no Internet connection necessary!
• LARGE DATABASE - more than 150.000 words with definition, pronunciation, example sentences, synonyms, antonyms and similar words.
• INTERACTIVE TEXT - tap on any word to look it up immediately.
• INCREMENTAL SEARCH - the results are updated as you type.
• HISTORY - access any of the last 50 words that where looked up with one tap. Browse forward and backward in your search history by swiping.
• CUSTOMIZABLE FAVORITES - create categories for your favorites to organize your bookmarked words.
• PRONUNCIATION EXAMPLES - tap on the pronunciation of a word to see examples of all symbols used (IPA Notation).
• UNIVERSAL APP - optimized for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch!
• iCLOUD SYNC - your word lists will be automatically synchronized between all your devices.
The LITE-Version is fully functional, unrestricted and ad sponsored. If you like the app but don't want to look at an ad from time to time you can get the regular version for a big discount. (Only for limited time!)
LexicEN includes contents from
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
CMUdict 0.7 Copyright (C) 1993-2008 Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.
• Optimised for iOS 12, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR
Ratings and Reviews
exactly what I wanted for my children
I made my iPhone 5s as a kid as a phone. And this is awesome and perfect app for my children's offline dictionary.
Great app with internet connection. Terrible without. I have the Apple Watch and I’d like to use a dictionary at school. I saw this dictionary app said offline, so I gave it a go! I’d really appreciate if you guys would work on getting the scribble/writing feature for the Apple Watch, which would make things phenomenally easier for me, so I do not have to walk and grab a book!
It’s a decent app, but the ability to close apps is frustrating and annoying at times, especially when it’s for a dating app and I have no interest in that particular app and it’s impossible to close the advertisement.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.