Libro.fm makes it possible for you to buy audiobooks through your chosen bookstore, giving you the power to keep money within your local economy.
There are more than 400,000 audiobooks on Libro.fm, including bestsellers and bookseller picks, and your audiobook purchases are synced with the app immediately so you can start listening right away. If you ever have questions, feedback, or just want a good audiobook recommendation, you can reach out to us at email@example.com, and a real, audiobook-loving human will get back to you.
1. Download the free Libro.fm app and sign into your Libro.fm account.
2. Explore the catalog to find your next listen.
3. Use your Libro.fm credits to get audiobooks in the app.
4. Download your audiobook(s) and start listening.
- Explore audiobooks: Explore Libro.fm’s catalog of 400,000+ audiobooks.
- Use credits: Use your Libro.fm audiobook credits to get and gift audiobooks from the app.
- Apple Watch: Listen on the go with Apple Watch.
- Automatic sync: Audiobooks automatically sync from your Libro.fm account as well as across devices.
- Bookmarks: Easily bookmark content so you can return to it later (bookmarks are synced across devices).
- Playback speed: Like to listen at a faster pace? Just use our variable-speed narration feature.
- Sleep Timer: Feeling sleepy? Set the timer to stop your audiobook after a few minutes or at the end of the track.
- Tags: Organize your library in a way that works for you with customizable tags.
- Sharing: Share the Libro.fm experience with friends!
- DRM-free downloads: Every audiobook on Libro.fm is DRM-free, so you can listen on any device.
- Download improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Love this new App! It is great to help my local Bookstore!
I have enjoyed the app so far. I am anxious to see how they will succeed! I want local businesses to profit from booksellers too! The local businesses feature the authors and that increases sales too! They need to get some credit for all of the extra expenses they put out for promotions. I certainly appreciate all my local bookstore does in our community! They help our local community so much and they help literacy too! We need audiobooks to help with learning difficulties and other issues. So audiobooks are not just for lazy readers! They help with reading comprehension and memory issues. They also can assist with sight loss. They are helpful with Dyslexia and attention deficit disorder problems. I like them for relaxing and stress reduction. Mental health issues are often reduced while reading entertaining books and laughing is always great medicine! So audiobooks are great ways to pass the time when you have to wait in lines or in traffic. Don’t waste your time or your mind, READ!
Feels good to support my local bookstore
As much as I like physical books, most of the reading I do is actually audiobooks on my commute and I finally asked my local bookstore (Volumes in Chicago!) if I could somehow buy audiobooks from them. They directed me to this app and I’m so happy that (most of) my book-buying now supports them instead of the online giant.
The app update is great and you can now buy audiobooks directly in the app.
My only complaint is that sometimes it seems like too many clicks to continue listening to a book I’ve been listening to. But if I’m using Bluetooth headphones it starts playing automatically as soon as I put them in, so it’s not really a big deal.
Only the mission is worth it
Love the mission and I’ll continue using the app just to support local bookstores alone. However, the app doesn’t offer much functionality for searching or accessing your account, and often leaves me confused. The FAQ instructions say you can pick a specific bookstore to support ‘at anytime by going to your account’ but I still cannot figure out how to do that from ‘my account’ on the app. It might only be an option from a computer, but either way the instructions are not clear, not helpful, and frustrating. The search function also needs to be improved. I cannot seem to search within the app for available books, regardless of if you can purchase through the app. For example, even just a search of ‘p’ returns zero results with the app, which I find hard to believe is accurate (do no you have no authors with a name starting with P? No titles starting with P?). This makes it a lot harder to recommend and actually get other people to switch over, who might not be as altruistic.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and I'm sorry your experience with the app was frustrating. I have some great news! This week we released a major update to the app (version 5.0) that is rolling out to all of our users throughout the week. It incorporates both in-app search of our catalog, as well as checkout with membership credits! You should see a prompt to update the app in the coming days, which will address two of the concerns you shared.
To choose the bookstore you'd like to support, you can visit the bookstore selection tool on our website: libro.fm/indies
If there's anything we can do to help, or if you have any other questions along the way, our support team is always at the ready: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Libro.fm, Inc
- 45.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 8.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Libro.fm