Tired after getting up? Particularly in autumn and winter you are not able to work quite efficiently? The nights are always too short? Difficulties in concentrating?
More than 30% of all people suffer from insomnia and do not feel rested after waking.
The Dawn Simulator app will allow a gentle awakening, close to nature, with your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad without spending hundreds of dollars for a special alarm clock.
Let your iPhone / iPad / iPod wake you up gently with soft natural light. The Dawn Simulator regulates the secreting of hormones like melatonin during the wake-up process - a natural process, which occurs also during awakening by sunrise. This allows for a gentle awakening, feeling rested and being optimal prepared for an active start to the day. This is how to get up the fun way!
- Wake up with increasing light intensity (solar spectrum)
- Simply stop the alarm by swiping across the screen
- "Emergency alert": if you should not be fully awaken by the light, 5 different alarm tones are currently available for waking you up from your dreams (birds chirping, gong, zen sounds, seashore or drums). The time between the start of the light and the start of the emergency alarm (delay) is adjustable.
- Choose own sounds or songs from your iTunes library!
- It is possible to set different alarm times for the individual days of the week and or the weekend
- Clean user interface
- Display of the clock with dimmed LCD display with adjustable color
- Operating in the horizontal and vertical position possible
- Playing self-picked songs is now more reliable. Also a fallback was introduced (default sound Gong), if playing your song might fail anyway.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs major improvement
Don't waste your money or phone space on this app. Phone can't be in silent mode which means all other functions will threaten your good night's sleep. But the main problem is that the light is not bright enough and so you'll definitely need the other alarm function. Good idea but needs an overhaul.
I have done a lot of research on light therapy and I'm waiting to get my Dawn Simulator in the mail. Until then I planned on using this app. Everything works as it should but I don't yet know if the light at its brightest will wake me up. In theory the gradual brightening wakes you up as naturally as the morning sun. Fingers crossed that the light wakes me up but if it doesn't an alarm of my choice sounds at the end of the brightening. Thanks for the insightful app!
Good idea - we'll see how well it wakes me up!
So far my biggest complaint is that while I'm setting or editing an alarm, if I try to change the "delay" time (default is for the sound to play 15 minutes after the brightness time), the app quits.
When that is corrected, I think I'll be quite pleased!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.