Built for the love of draughts, this app is open source and free for all.
- Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence draughts
- Play in arena tournaments
- Play against the computer, both online and offline
- Find, follow, challenge players
- See your games stats
- Draughts variants, available online and offline: Frisian, Russian, Brazilian, Antidraughts, Breakthrough, Frysk!
- Practice with draughts puzzles for International, Frisian and Russian draughts
- Game analysis with local computer evaluation
- Board editor to setup positions
- Server computer analysis with move annotations and game summary
- Over The Board mode to play offline with a friend
- Standalone draughts clock with multiple time settings
- Available in 20 languages
- Designed for both phones and tablets, supporting landscape mode
- 100% free, without ads, and open source!
Just like https://lidraughts.org, this application is open source, and respects user freedom. It is entirely free and without ads, now and forever.
Source code of the mobile application: https://github.com/RoepStoep/lidrobile
Source code of the website and server: https://github.com/RoepStoep/lidraughts
The computer analysis is possible thanks to Fabien Letouzey's open source draughts engine Scan 3.1: https://github.com/rhalbersma/scan
Many words of thanks must be expressed to the lichess developers, whose open source work made all of this possible:
- Vincent Velociter (https://github.com/veloce), lead developer of the lichess app which was forked to create the lidraughts app
- Thibault Duplessis (https://github.com/ornicar), creator of lichess.org, without whom there would be no lidraughts.org in the first place
- All others who contributed over the years, too many to mention
- New design home page and menu
- Support for Russian puzzles
- Two new board themes, three new piece sets
- Translations in Turkish and Japanese
- Various interface improvements, bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Baffled by the gloss over
It is remarkable to me how such a fantastic site/app seems to be glossed over; perhaps it is because lidraughts is the “new kid on the block.” However, the quality of both the site and the app is unmatched: like the spiritual predecessor, lichess, the UI is clean and responsive. It feels much more modern and not as tacky as other sites, which may boast larger player bases. Lidraughts is a gem, a well-kept secret, and I can only hope that users from other sites discover this place and flock here.
There are no Russian puzzles in the app, please add them! I usually solve Russian puzzles in the web version, but it would be much easier to do it in the app.
The level feature offers strong AI and its one of the few places in the app store that offers Frisian.
It desperately needs Turkish draughts and Dameo though otherwise it’d be a 5 star
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stefan Schermann
- 48.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 lidraughts.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.