The LIFE Intermittent Fasting app by LifeOmic makes it easy and fun to harness lifestyle changes to improve metabolic health. Overnight fasting for just 12 hours or more may result in improved metabolic flexibility, reduced inflammation and lowered risk of diseases from aging. Track your progress on any fasting schedule with LIFE, see when you start burning fats for fuel, and intuitively log how you are feeling. Share your fasts and give and receive encouragement within custom circles of other LIFErs you care about, from friends to coworkers to healthcare providers.
- Fast your way. Start and stop fasts with a single gesture. Schedule and edit your fasting period on the fly, because real life requires flexibility.
- Fast with Friends. Create custom LIFE Circles to share your results and encourage LIFE friends with emojis and custom text.
- Share text and photo updates in the Feed. Like or comment on a friend’s post. Take advantage of social interaction for encouragement and support!
- Supports all fasting schedules, including 16:8, 5:2, alternate day and more.
- Science-backed articles and content to help you learn more about the health benefits of fasting.
- Keep your health data safe. LIFE uses LifeOmic’s HIPAA compliant and HITRUST CSF certified Precision Health Cloud to securely store your data.
We’ve been working on some polish items for you!
• You can now view images in the Feed in full screen when tapped
• We’ve updated the look and feel of our data inputs on the Progress tile, and added data validation to help avoid typos
• We’ve made efforts to use less data in the app, especially upon launch
• We are continuing to tweak the account sign up/sign in process to make it more user-friendly
Ratings and Reviews
Weight watchers and Fasting!!!
I absolutely love this app! I have never written a review before about anything but I just had to let people know that this is one of the best apps I have ever used. It is simple and easy to use. I am a weight watcher member and have been on a plateau for a couple of months when I read an article about fasting and doing weight watchers. Have been using this app to keep track of when and how long I fast. It is very easy to use. The best part, I think, is the visual graphic of when you go into fat burning mode using your stored body fat! There are Facebook groups of weight watcher members who do intermittent fasting or just google to find more information. This app and fasting got me off my plateau and I am finally losing again! Thanks Life fasting app!!
Pretty good, but could be awesome
I just started fasting a few weeks ago and wanted an app to track my fasting time. I decided I’d rather use an app that mainly allows me to watch my fasting time GROW than to watch my eating window SHRINK, so I chose this Life app. Overall I like it for all the reasons others have noted. I especially love that it shows when you’re body is supposedly in Ketosis. A few things that I think could make it truly awesome:
First and foremost: Make this app compatible with the Apple Watch! Honestly, this alone may cause me to switch to another fasting app. Sad face.
Allow users to enter their weight data with a decimal point. Currently you can only enter whole numbers. Everyone knows that those decimal points count A LOT for people looking for trends mapping results. Seems like it would be such a simple programming fix and would allow much more accuracy for users.
Show the user’s actual eating window for each fasting day. In other words, after the user has tracked his/her fast, calculate for them the resulting eating window (times) and number of eating hours. Again, seems like a pretty easy “fix” that would make the app more robust and improve user experience.
Basic Fast Tracking App
Been fasting every day for the past five years. At the beginning of this year I started working out again, so I wanted to become more disciplined in my fasting. For me personally, this app is great for that, and I can see how it would help others push past their goals (as they see they only have an hour left to go). But the health features are lacking to almost non-existent.
It reflects at which point the body goes into ketosis, and heavy ketosis, but lacks any relevant data input to do any real calculations. The ability to indicate which type of fasting a person is doing would make a difference (ie. water fast, liquid fast, or dry fast). The ability to add a meal data point (a simple total calories eaten) could eventually give way to doing real calculations (maybe even eventually using the body fat percentage, bone density, activity data of Apple’s health app). The ability to automatically update the body weight using the data of the health app would be beneficial, as well as exporting any relevant health data to the health app / HealthKit.
The app has much potential, but for now it barely goes beyond being a basic fasting time tracker.
- LifeOmic, Inc.
- 53.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © LifeOmic, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.