"Lights at Sea" is all about the lights serving as navigational aid at sea and their characteristics. With "Lights at Sea" you can
• TEACH and LEARN the international notation of light characteristics as used in charts and lists of lights,
• VISUALIZE the light patterns for a given characteristic or DEMONSTRATE them to your students,
• INTERNALIZE important characteristics (e.g. the light patterns of cardinal marks),
• and PREPARE YOURSELF for the lights of a specific sailing area.
• FREE: "Lights at Sea" decodes characteristics entered conforming to the document "Standardization of List of Lights and Fog Signals" of the International Hydrographic Organization and displays a corresponding light pattern. All characters defined by the standard are supported:
– very quick
– ultra quick
– interrupted quick, very quick, ultra quick
– Morse code
– have a character combined with a fixed light,
– have alternating colours,
– and consist of concatenated characters.
• NEW: Great for learners: Displays hints and error messages while you enter a characteristic.
• FREE: The characteristic is translated into light signals and updated accordingly while it is being entered.
• FREE: The parts of a characteristic will be coloured according to their state while being entered (identified, incomplete, invalid).
• FREE: "Lights at Sea" can also decode the (outdated) German notation of light characteristics.
• Lights can be stored, deleted, and selected for reproduction.
• Display of Hints
Great for learners! "Lights at Sea" can now display hints on what to type next while you enter a characteristic. Displays detailed error messages now as well.
• iPhone X Support
• Some invalid characteristics were not detected.
• Fixed an error that caused the drawer's content to flip back to the default layout.
• Updated in-app store related code due to the change from Swift 3 to Swift 4. If necessary, please restore your in-app purchases.
- Pierre Bongen
- 13.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2018 Pierre Bongen
- In-App Purchases
- Student Package $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.